Anzaru

Seamless travel on dedicated server on LAN

I'm having an issue with the seamless travel between grids.

I have a dedicated server set up on another machine on my LAN running ASC's server setup guide.

Have ports 50002-50450, 5002-5450, 27000-27448 forwarded to the dedicated server.

I'm hosting the server for myself and a few friends and everyone is able to join and play normally, the seamless travel between grids works fine for everyone else except me. When we travel between grids, it brings up the transferring to new server message but just hangs there until I relog. I also have to manually add the new server grid to my Steam favorites in order to join it again (in addition to ANY other grids I wish to travel to).

Is there any solution to this or am i just SOL having to add a hundred grids to my steam favorites and relogging each time?

Are you connecting to your servers local IP, or the public IP?

I had a similar issue transferring between locally hosted Ark cluster. My friends could transfer but I couldn't. To fix my issue I had to setup NAT reflection on my router and connect to the public IP instead of the private one.

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening with me. Unfortunately, my router doesn't seem to have any way to set up NAT reflection (or I can't find it) so I guess i'm SoL for now.

There are a few other names for NAT reflection, it could also be referred to as NAT hairpinning or as NAT loopback so take a look for those.

I switched to pfsense for this very problem because my router didn't handle it either. I started with an old atom processor and just recently upgraded to an SG-1100.