099Jayson

Sudden item/structure/crew disappearing when leaving-re entering zones.

HELP! My Single Player SAved game - structures, items and crew keep disappearing!!! Today I travelled back to a zone I had built a base on and left some ships anchored, fully crewed, and fully over stocked with coin and food. when I got there ships had missing stuff... tons of it.. after spending the day fixing it, I sailed back to the island in another  region I was building on where I also left a ship or 2 fully crewed and stocked. I had only left it for a very short period compared to the first location in question, it shouldn't of decayed that fast either way as 7 days did not even pass ingame (not sure how the decay works if its 7 days real life time or 7 days in game time...)This just started happening today and I am not sure why as I have travelled between regions before with no issue, I have not added anything new mod wise in awhile either, but I turned off decay in hopes it wont happen again wont want to play if I constantly lose hours/days of hard work. ANy ideas? Please help!

• Thanks 1

I've been having similar Sp issues not with structures in my case, but tames and crew are frequently vanishing when going between zones. It only started a day or two ago and wasn't a problem right out the gate oddly.

Ive been talking on the atlas discord seems its a bigger issue for official servers but also single player people missing stuff too. I lost a huge chunk of my crews all around and 1 ship was pretty crippled had to spend an hour or more just replacing pieces. Shame to put so much time into it - I went single player cuz its early access and I was hoping to avoid most wipe situations as I would have my own save file which im told is the case but stuff still slips through..

Bumping this back up, I've started to encounter this problem with structures now in my fairly evolved SP game. Particularly in the form of containers and wooden ceilings; ammo boxes, resources boxes, small wooden boxes etc. this even applies to docked ships left unattended.

I come back to my base after long ocean voyages across many zones and stuff has vanished. Most recently, the ship resource box which I store the vast majority of my unique crafting materials in imported from said overseas voyages (Which rather undermines the whole point of travelling long distances to obtain resources)

I even had a ship lose 3 of it's planks and sink when left unattended (but docked) for over a week of realtime (None of the other planks were damaged, it was missing like 3 planks, most of it's cannons, and a bunch of wooden structures)

• Like 2

I’m having the same issue. It seems to be getting worse. At first it was just a roof, wall, or foundation here or there. Now I’m losing smithies, storage boxes, crew members, saddles off tames, beds, ammo boxes and resources off ships, and the ability to craft items in the loom forge etc. the forge,  smithy,  loom, have a negative number in their inventory. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn’t find the wall hook in the smithy. It wasn’t until ironically,  the smithy had disappeared on a return visit to my base and had to build another one that I was able to make it again.   It’s frustrating to sail all over gathering materials to make legendary items only to find that all your metal is gone because your storage boxes have disappeared. It’s making it hard to progress in the game. 

I get that this game is under development and I can deal with its quirks and bugs, but this one is making almost unplayable. 

4 hours ago, BessieBlue said:

I’m having the same issue. It seems to be getting worse. At first it was just a roof, wall, or foundation here or there. Now I’m losing smithies, storage boxes, crew members, saddles off tames, beds, ammo boxes and resources off ships, and the ability to craft items in the loom forge etc. the forge,  smithy,  loom, have a negative number in their inventory. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn’t find the wall hook in the smithy. It wasn’t until ironically,  the smithy had disappeared on a return visit to my base and had to build another one that I was able to make it again.   It’s frustrating to sail all over gathering materials to make legendary items only to find that all your metal is gone because your storage boxes have disappeared. It’s making it hard to progress in the game. 

I get that this game is under development and I can deal with its quirks and bugs, but this one is making almost unplayable. 

Is this playing single player that you are losing stuff?

I've never seen this, but don't play single player much.

9 hours ago, wildbill said:

Is this playing single player that you are losing stuff?

I've never seen this, but don't play single player much.

Yes single player on Xbox.

I've been experiencing similar issues, as I'm trying expand my dock, and if I remove something that I placed wrong, a random piece(s) elsewhere in my base just vanish without a trace! I've had tames disappear right off my shoulder a few times too, while out voyaging and collecting rare materials not found in K3.

I play SP on a computer and have experienced this quite frequently on several play throughs. Its got to the point that I only keep one ship and store all my stuff on it. No point in keeping multiple ships because if you cross a zone and come back, it is usually sunk or missing parts. I am constantly having to replace items that come up missing every time I log in, like pistol bullets, cannon balls, resources from the resource box. Generally I note all that I have on the ship before logging out, then I just cheat in whatever comes up missing.

Back when I was playing with a group on a PVE/PVP server, I believe this issue also existed. But at the time, we thought that the items that came up missing were because other members of the group were "Stealing". It created a negative environment inside the group where half the members didn't trust the other half. Now, I believe it is just a bug in the shifty save file, either the server does not create a decent save space, or the save file gets corrupted somehow during the saving process.  Cause its not always the same resources that come up missing, it can be a bunch of gold on one log in, or cannonballs on the next log in or any myriad of resources. I don't even keep track of my food stores since food is easily available, but some of the other stuff is difficult to amass and there is no safe place to store it while you're trying to acquire the locations to other mats you may need for the different blueprints.

On one play-through, I had made a Mythical Brig, or at least, the main parts of the ship, hull and panels were Mythical, was working to do all the interior stuff as well. Well, the blue print only has so many hull pieces that can be made, so I made extra to store in case I needed to replace a panel during a heated battle. And guess what, the panels disappeared on one of my log-ins. Very frustrating, took many hours of searching and acquiring the resources to make the blueprinted items just to have them disappear, and I don't know the cheat codes to bring those items back. I know its only SP, but the game should still work decently by now.