Sign in to follow this  
ScubaSteve

Swivel damage, did anyone even want them buffed?

Personally I'm for a small puckle buff( about 20%+, not +100% because that empowers bp ones a bit much, i'd rather common do more base and bp scale less), but swivels??? I always thought they needed a small nerf in damage.

Community vote guys just say yes or no.

-Side opinion* I also think the whole knock out and capture mechanism is boinked garbage, glad that's disabled. Hopefully take it down another notch and remove it from game entirely and give CC reduction for players continuously being knocked out. The whole trap a player for life in till a gm decides to release you has always been a weird issue. Must be horrendous for xbox players to get released if put in a mega base that crashes them etc. Any other mmorpg would never tolerate this sorta of semi perma-capture in a no perma death game.

So many poorly thought out changes in this patch. A common deck swivel already take you down to like half hp so now its just gonna straight up murder you and they also decreased the grenade damage against swivels and puckles with 80%. This patch effectivly removes ship boarding from the game entirely.

Also how are you supposed to raid a pillar base now? Funny enough they haven't done anything to the cannon bear so any base thats not on a pillar is just shit out of luck. Considering the devs have acknowledge pillar bases are a problem its fucking weird that they buff them.

dolly also said they wanted ship boarding to be a thing in atlas. then they got rid of it totally. I think these devs are fly by night.

9 hours ago, Pant said:

So many poorly thought out changes in this patch. A common deck swivel already take you down to like half hp so now its just gonna straight up murder you and they also decreased the grenade damage against swivels and puckles with 80%. This patch effectivly removes ship boarding from the game entirely.

Also how are you supposed to raid a pillar base now? Funny enough they haven't done anything to the cannon bear so any base thats not on a pillar is just shit out of luck. Considering the devs have acknowledge pillar bases are a problem its fucking weird that they buff them.

it's still possible to raid a pillar base. cannons out range puckles after all... the attackers will just need to build an outrageous ramp system to position their cannon carts now. I forsee 24 hour raid tokens being actually used this season now.

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

dolly also said they wanted ship boarding to be a thing in atlas. then they got rid of it totally. I think these devs are fly by night.

Will just need more grenades to break the cannons and kill the npc's now. or oil jars. boarding really hasn't changed much, its always been about boarding at the right angle and getting behind the npc's and kill them with melee anyways. or, gliding onto a mast platform (that swivels can't really reach you anyways) and droppin grenades on em.  not much has changed. just damage ratios.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

it's still possible to raid a pillar base. cannons out range puckles after all... the attackers will just need to build an outrageous ramp system to position their cannon carts now. I forsee 24 hour raid tokens being actually used this season now.

You can't build a ramp up because you can only build 63 ceilings above the ground and you obviously can't build close to the pillar where the ground is higher because their structures are blocking you.... Thats the whole point of pillar bases you can't get a cannon bear up there.

Initially they planned to add airships which would fix pillarbases.

Even a balloon attached to our bears to send them up up into the sky would work, which doesnt mean cannon bears and normal bases dont need balancing too.

Its good to see this buff to defense after all these nerfs to it.

giant stone port ? One broadside of a galleon.

giant stone rock base ? Just a few grenades.

Now all of these 14 year old raider heroes need a bit longer to take my pillar base.

Well this is fun. I love reading the death messages in the morning from all these little boys running into my swivel traps.. muhahaha.

puckle is even better, absolutely insane range, you will never bring mobile bear artillery into siege position.

Cleared my island of any resistance, conquering my grit now. Funny, in ATLAS, ARK and CONAN players can create their own PVP content.