Sign in to follow this  
INVALID

Latest Patch & Happy Holidays!

The first half of these patchnotes are actually decent. Good job on that! I'm glad that you implemented my solution for the peacephase barreling, took you 4 months but hey better late than never. Buffing horses and swivels only shows how far removed you are from the actual state of the game - You might want to rethink that one. The grenade and puckle damage changes would be pretty good, if you actually went through with the flag height changes. I guess at this point we can only hope for you to flip-flop on flip-flopping on the flip-flop.

See you guys in 2-3 months for the next patchnotes 👋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got on as soon as update finished and all our large tames were dead, all our elephants, giraffes, rhino and bears. Apparently starved which doesn't make any sense, that's weeks of taming work gone, can anything be done to fix because this is out of control? Not even worth the 3x if we don't have tames to gather with

• Sad 1

How to recreate the barrel roll bug.

1. Have a Brig
  2. Have a bear with a cargo saddle on it
  3. Sail to sea, wait for it.

If you remove the cargo saddle, the Brig won't roll.

Warning: If you have a ship with a animal + cargo saddle, your ship is probably toast.

Windows 10

Official PVE Gorgon's gaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOGTEmJJtQ

Edited by rareexample
  • Haha 1

I still cannot get into the non-dedicated that I host on xbox.  Every time I try and join it crashes when it starts loading in "Oceans".  I have logged out, hard reset, I've tried all I can think of.  I havn't been able to get in even once since the update. 

We lost all of our elephants (8), pigs (3) and at least 15 bears due to the starvation bug. For some reason the rhinos and giraffes were unaffected. I’m not sure if anyone in charge cares but we do.

• Sad 1

There was an unannounced change as well. They cut the number of building pieces you could use in an area even more.

So, they don't let us clip into terrain, and now to DEAL with that terrain and make everything EVEN AND FLAT, we had to use more pieces and now we can't even do that?

Building was going fine when I logged out, when I logged in... capped. Weeks of work ruined. What, to help XBox players!?!? 

Most of the XBox players I know, my Son included, can't even log in on XBox because of all of the crashing. He hasn't played in weeks. So, you roll back a nerf to "pillar bases" that hide flags, and INSTEAD YOU NERF REGULAR BASES AT GROUND LEVEL!!!!!!

Yeah, I think I'm done for awhile. Enjoy your XBox players... the ones that you can actually keep logged in without crashing and memory issues.

And this is NOT in a Lawless area, but an owned island where I was building a GUILD port!!

Edited by Mortavius

On 12/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, Driven Madders said:

Same here.

Still haven't seen it, that and 3x XP, I killed 7 Alphas and harvested on my island last night and only got about 500 XP total!

I have an idea. Let's set up an award ( ex.: Developer's Darwin Award ) for the worst communication developer team and the worst update category. I also have a nominee for it.

Edited by zcool72
  • Haha 1

Just so it dosnt get lost.
They fucked up and patch 8 hour later.
No roll back!

I know the saying, "No news is good news" is usually true. 

However the lack of news can also be a bit unnerving. 

I did read when we started playing that it was going to be radio-silent while they did some fixes, and the last update was true to that fact. We had heard nothing for weeks and then over the course of a day or so there was an update and a patch that went out to all. 

Now here we sit again, in the dark, waiting for something... anything... about what might come. 

It would be nice if they took this time to give out some weekly or biweekly teasers or discussion points. What sort of fixes are they working on or looking into? What are the things they plan to focus on for the next update? What sort of items do they hope to include eventually? 

I am not asking for things that are set in stone, or things that we will get tomorrow - but something like "coming to an Atlas near you in a future update" or "Something we are thinking about - what are your thoughts?". 

I know constant communication with the players is a lot to ask, but I would think that a weekly or biweekly something isn't too much - but that is just me. 

Overall, still loving the game thus far and can't wait to see what it manages to grow into. 

• Like 2

As someone who decided to give this game another shot (after i quit shortly before the last reset) im quite concerned actually. The lag seems to be worse than ever (with less players than ever), so they seem to have reduced the hardware/Server part. Even twitter went kind of dark. Last time i played, it at least looked like they tried. Now it feels like they just completely gave up. All the problems, annoyances and bugs the game had before i left are still there. But hey. We have cats.

• Like 2

Our entire company (32 people, and with this ridiculously small number already one the biggest companies on EU PVE) collectively uninstalled Atlas today. Last thing we heard on our way out is that many people in the alliances are planning the same. We, our company, won't be back.

This has been the worst communication from any development team to their community I have experienced in my 35 years of gaming. This has been the biggest bag of false promises I have ever seen in anything in any industry. Even in the low standards of the gaming industry this was way beyond anything that's acceptable. In any other industry, in many countries, this would even have been considered fraud.

I was so mad so often during the past months, I even wrote a kind of pain diary about Atlas, sent it to a major German gaming magazine/site, and they actually picked up on it, lowered the (already low) rating for the game, plus - in a current special on pirate games on their site -, they first added a big warning sign next to Atlas at first, and later on removed Atlas entirely from the list.

Now, before I leave, there's four things I long to say:

1. Regarding the patch: Nobody needs a new world map! And we get it just because the only remaining level designer was the last guy still on the Atlas team while the rest of your (anyway B-)team was added to Ark to help finishing the DLC - which turned out to be an overpriced piece of garbage, too. Company must be doing great! You already lost the Ark players you had briefly gained by the DLC (Steamcharts is our friend against your lies). All the while you sold out a true high potential game. 

2. Remove the "MMO" tag on steam. This game doesn't deserve the tag, not in regards to amount of active players, not in regards to maximum players per instance, not in regards to technical achievement, and certainly not in regards to persistence. And IF you call yourself MMO, then you should rather want to cut off one of your fingers than wiping the servers. (Also, stop calling your servers "network", it's utmost ridiculous!)

3. Jatheish as well as Dollie: get your asses out of the gaming industry, you are a disgrace and should be ashamed to even dare to call yourself community managers.

4. Your decision makers need to start learning, they seem to be insanely immature and unprofessional. It's okay to be fairly young, fairly untalented and fairly clumsy. But it's not okay to go into hiding when you simply fail to deliver. This Doug Kennedy, whoever that is, must be a spineless chicken shit.

We're out (and also won't read the fanboy replies on here any longer, so go crazy as you wish).