Darkfirewizard

podium lieutenant podium problems

I had that issue, I think it’s the controller button mappings... 

possibly a bug? My work around was to reassign the cannons to another combination

I used the lb+a,b,y,x

a for front 

b for left side (not savvy on the port and starboard yet

x for right side

y for rear

of course you can use what you like but have zero issues once reassigning the cannons, however you have to do EACH cannon

Edited by Cutmyselfshaving
Typo

3 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

make sure the cannons are selected on the bar. lol... 

If you don’t use console you won’t know that two of the controller combinations for cannons actually don’t work

I had this happen when I first built my galleon (first ship I had progressed far enough to that I put cannons on), the d-pad up (rear/back guns) and d-pad down (right side guns) default to two banks of cannons and do not allow you to issue commands and open gun ports to fire.

After reassigning the cannons to a new controller combo I actually had the option to select them and open/close gun ports and to fire.

oh and here's something a lot of pc vets don't even know: you can put 3 podiums on a gal, 2 on a brig, and 1 on a schooner. you know how you can use feats for cannon reload and rally the troops? well you can also use it on the podium. so, if your on the wheel and you have your friends on the podiums, you can spam the feats and shoot a volley every sec, consistently. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Unless that was broken recently the ship has a cooldown so you can't chain the feats.   Thought that was fixed going into season 3 or possibly just before wipe.  Don't remember when it was updated. 

Edited by DocHolliday

4 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Unless that was broken recently the ship has a cooldown so you can't chain the feats.   Thought that was fixed going into season 3 or possibly just before wipe.  Don't remember when it was updated. 

the ship dosnt have a cool down, the player does.