Sign in to follow this  
demonbeast09

get rid of claim flag gold

let just get rid of claim flag gold and put in a new system that works for new players that enjoy pve not pvp im a pc person not a xbox or ps4  i find the game little to heavy foucused on the dammed not other things weather, taming, hit boxes  and so on still buggy as hell some server use mod to make atlas more like a full game this is just a feedback 

treasure maps make more than enough gold for any island.
tame a bear or three , and do treasure maps. On each island collect the maps, get the discoveries, tame things you find along the way.
Go to the next one and see if you have any maps for that area and do those. Harvest any new resource (5-10k of each) you haven't acquired yet for the blueprints you find. Then after a few days head home and feed your flag. after  few outings you will have enough gold in your flag to last months. Then, you can focus on making gold for other purposes or build a better ship to make your island hops even more productive. This game is extremely easy even for someone just starting out, especially for PVE. I am a pve Soloer and I can have my trading business up and running in two weeks with a galleon if I want...I prefer a brig though. You just need to focus and prioritize.