TacticalNatty

Question for the Devs - Map Quality

I've been playing Atlas since its launch, and have only ever personally seen Masterwork maps, at a max of about 31.

I have seen images, and heard rumors of legendary maps.

Can you confirm whether they exist or are at all possible to find in the current game state?

1 hour ago, TacticalNatty said:

I've been playing Atlas since its launch, and have only ever personally seen Masterwork maps, at a max of about 31.

I have seen images, and heard rumors of legendary maps.

Can you confirm whether they exist or are at all possible to find in the current game state?

I know for sure that legendary maps exist but so far only boosted ones for golden age Server. Wonder if mythicals exist tho

20 minutes ago, zottel said:

I know for sure that legendary maps exist but so far only boosted ones for golden age Server. Wonder if mythicals exist tho

You know for sure as in you've seen it this "season". Or was it a previous run of it.

6 hours ago, TacticalNatty said:

You know for sure as in you've seen it this "season". Or was it a previous run of it.

Last Season. One Company found One And shortly After they found a Second. After alot of map hunting our Company found One too. If You Play since Day 1 you might know the int gear, where a rly good piece was about 60%int when fully Upgraded. The gear that dropped from one of those Maps had a max of x74% int,just to get a Rough idea how BPs can scale. Funny thing tho, the tannery Didnt have enough Space to fully upgrade it tho XD 

I believe map quality is boosted by the game difficulty.  I noticed when I played with Single Player settings the one time that map qualities spiked, along with SotD levels and other things.  So perhaps Maps only have the same levels as Wild Animals and will only appear as 1 -> 30 with increasing rareness the higher the quality.  I myself haven't seen one over quality 22.1 thus far this session.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 12:29 PM, CoopedUp said:

I believe map quality is boosted by the game difficulty.  I noticed when I played with Single Player settings the one time that map qualities spiked, along with SotD levels and other things.  So perhaps Maps only have the same levels as Wild Animals and will only appear as 1 -> 30 with increasing rareness the higher the quality.  I myself haven't seen one over quality 22.1 thus far this session.

Interesting theory. Never dawned on me that it is the same range as creatures. Maybe "alpha" maps are the boosted ones? Never have personally found a boosted map on a lawless island (where alphas don't spawn). The top i've seen this season was a 27.8 Masterwork.

Do you remember what island? My theory is was map quality is based in relation to distance. The further the map, the higher the quality. But since every grid sector has the same max possible distance, online the grids that are the max distance away from a powerstone island can get the boosted MW maps.  

Just a thought 

Cant rly Tell as we gather alot in different regions,so not sure where we found that one. But it seems that Islands with alot of 0.5 bottles spawn  a good Amount of high Quality ones After they respawn 

is the dev's going to report this website or sue them because using this website is making atlas no fun to play because of cheaters ive died many times because they use cheats from this website https://www.aimforest.com/cheat-detail/atlas-aim-esp-undetected-hack-cheat