Aspiringone

SINGLE player Animas despawning

In single player mode every time I log off all wild animals despawn. I will be looking an an animal and log off.  When I play the game again all wild animals are gone and slowing spawn in as world loads. All in different locations and different lvl.  Anyone know who to fox this 

When you shut down and then load the game in single player, is it functionally the same as rebooting the server in multiplayer. The same would happen if you did a world save, and then restarted a dedicated server.

In both cases, the wild animals and stuff are not saved, and are repopulated shortly after by new creatures via the normal creature spawning routine. The same applies to NPC pirate ships, which will be respawned fresh after a server reboot, and any wrecks you have not finished salvaging will also be removed.

tl;dr, If you see something you want to claim in single player, like a creature, wreck or pirate ship. Put a ring on it there and then, don't wait until later because it probably won't be there. There is no work around or 'fix' for this I am aware of, it is normal behavior for ATLAS/ARK 

Edited by RyuujinZERO

I've noticed this too. The down side is if you find a high level and don't have the time to tame it, you can't just log back in later and tame it. The plus side, is if you search an island and find nothing good to tame, you can just log off, log back in and search again. The second time around you have another chance at finding what you are looking for.