HighJacker

Abandoned ships!

Nothing. They are supposed to disappear after two weeks of inactivity. Anecdotally it seems to be taking longer. If anyone boards it or interacts with it, it resets the timer. We have had a raft sitting on our beach that has been there since day one. Talked with one of the company members in Discord and he said "Yeah, I keep hopping on it to check decay and it is slowly going down." Had to send an @everyone to let them know, don't touch them, just let them sit there and they eventually go away. We had a ship get stuck under another members water house that was on pillars during a storm. Was totally stuck. Filed a ticket and a mod appeared the next day. Tried some mod magic, couldn't get it unstuck, so he scuttled it, gathered the materials, and put down a captains chest full of the resources and some storage lockers and informed the company that had gotten it stuck if they wanted their resources they needed to come get them. They never did. 10 days later the 3 foundations he had placed nearby decayed and we inherited some crap resources. 

If someone is obviously griefing you by parking boats inside your shipyards or trying to block access, screenshot and use the ticketing system to report it. Don't file tickets just because it messes with your harmony or is irritating as they will probably look at it and never respond. Any real issue though we have seen a 24-48 hour ticket response time the few times we have had to report something.

• Like 1

They are a head ache if they sit outside your base and nobody moves them.

Before the wipe I had 2 galleons blocking my base area, thought nothing of it at first thinking they won't be there long as they are galleons.

A week went by and still there, never moved an inch. I read the patch notes at the time, think it said 14 days and they will be gone.

Day 14 thinking I'm going to get my base area back, nope. It was closer to 4 weeks when they vanished for me, I don't think timers work correctly anyway, should be visible.

You can't do anything with them I'm afraid other than wait it out. Smaller ships even sloops can be used to grief, once the anchor is green there is no moving it.

• Like 1