Kenjin

When your ship sink....

Similar to my first ship build except mine went flying halfway across the zone with me at the wheel. With us we had an invisible rock under ours. lol

LOL. That animation of a ship sinking cracks me up (as long as it isn't my ship sinking) 🙂

We have all been there, done that. Why the heck a shipyard can be placed in shallow water is beyond me as being a game mechanic that is allowed.

I now place and then quickly swim the length of the shipyard and pick it back up if I at all see any chance of it not being placed deep enough.

Would be nice if it would just not place or if there were some kind of indicators as to what depth is needed. As it is, you just have to make a guess and hope you are right.

In sp if you turn off damage and that happens, you hop around on the ship for ages. till it lands somewhere.

27 minutes ago, photek said:

now you know what our ancestors did go thru...

Seems like History Books are incorrect about how murica was found 🙂

ahhh the good ol days. i havnt seen this glitch in forever. once i got a gate shut on my gal while i was at the wheel and my entire boat and i spun off into the sunset, into the next grid lmao

5 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

In sp if you turn off damage and that happens, you hop around on the ship for ages. till it lands somewhere.

Wow they finally brought in fast travel? Just kidding lol.

• Like 2

Thats What happens when you forget to Tithe to Neptune .. oh my what a death throws.. are you sure there wasnt a Kraken there?? just tossing your ship around??

It looks funny, but the situation itself is saaaad.

At the beginning I lost first 7 of my boats to game glitches. Each ship was hours and hours of building (without tames, harvest skills and x2 weekends, each one took me couple of days actually). That's game problem - totally unbalanced state between efforts, rewards and easiest way to loose all in just one moment.

For example, you could spend couple of weeks, gathering resources all over the atlas, to create and upgrade mythic armor. Then you use climbing pick, and it just kills you without corpse, so all you've done - just gone for ever. You totally wasted couple weeks of your life for nothing.

Or like with a ship. I once got battle Brigantine. I hunted for like 100 damned ships to level my ship, I've got good blueprints and create them. It took me a weeks to get there. Then, when I engage battle with yet another squad of damned, I just step a side from my steering wheel, and next second found myself into the ocean, watching my ship sail away, raising sails. While I was chasing my boat - all damned ships just went aside and sunk it. Instead of finish leveling my ship, and go hunt 50-Galleon I had to start over with no guaranty next attempt will be success.

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

It looks funny, but the situation itself is saaaad.

At the beginning I lost first 7 of my boats to game glitches. Each ship was hours and hours of building (without tames, harvest skills and x2 weekends, each one took me couple of days actually). That's game problem - totally unbalanced state between efforts, rewards and easiest way to loose all in just one moment.

For example, you could spend couple of weeks, gathering resources all over the atlas, to create and upgrade mythic armor. Then you use climbing pick, and it just kills you without corpse, so all you've done - just gone for ever. You totally wasted couple weeks of your life for nothing.

Or like with a ship. I once got battle Brigantine. I hunted for like 100 damned ships to level my ship, I've got good blueprints and create them. It took me a weeks to get there. Then, when I engage battle with yet another squad of damned, I just step a side from my steering wheel, and next second found myself into the ocean, watching my ship sail away, raising sails. While I was chasing my boat - all damned ships just went aside and sunk it. Instead of finish leveling my ship, and go hunt 50-Galleon I had to start over with no guaranty next attempt will be success.

I have to agree, this game is short on the rewards and heavy on the losses. I'm now only playing single player and if I do lose something to the game, I'll just use an admin command to restore it. No more playing on servers for me until this game gets out of Early Access. The game is just too hard core for my tastes. I also can set the rates so that making a brig is just an hour or two, not a two day grind. That feels about right to me.

BTW, from what I've heard, the bug with the climbing picks has been fixed.

The ship grounding should not cause a ship to sink in my opinion. I can see it doing some damage, letting some water in, but there should be a method to unground the ship and get it afloat again. There are just so many ways you can lose your ship, why should hitting the bottom also be one of them? Ships have hit the bottom since they were invented. Most times they just bounce off and take some damage, but can be repaired. They don't usually sink because of it.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, wildbill said:

LOL. That animation of a ship sinking cracks me up (as long as it isn't my ship sinking) 🙂

We have all been there, done that. Why the heck a shipyard can be placed in shallow water is beyond me as being a game mechanic that is allowed.

I now place and then quickly swim the length of the shipyard and pick it back up if I at all see any chance of it not being placed deep enough.

Would be nice if it would just not place or if there were some kind of indicators as to what depth is needed. As it is, you just have to make a guess and hope you are right.

the real question is why are we allowed to place a shipyard in a area where the ship cannot be released??? i cant blame any of the new players who went trough this honestly, if the shipyard blueprint goes from red to blue it should mean that is a perfectly valid position to place that shipyard and have no further issues

On 12/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, LunarDracos said:

Thats What happens when you forget to Tithe to Neptune .. oh my what a death throws.. are you sure there wasnt a Kraken there?? just tossing your ship around??

he probably forgot to sacrifice a virgin to zeus, ohh zeus why have yo forgotten us!! 😂

Edited by The D Legacy