nethrosdefectus

State of Blackwood DLC Questions

Apologies if the answers are already out there but I keep seeing conflicting information.

Can anyone confirm a fews things for me:

Blackwood has WPEs - Yes/No?

Blackwood has Ships of the Damned and Treasure maps with chest protected by the undead - Yes/No?

Blackwood a similar amount of sea ife (sharks/whales/dophins etc) compared to the vanilla ATLAS region(s) - Yes/No

Thanks in advance

I play single player Blackwood and yes they have Wild Pirate Encampments, Yes there is evil nasty Ships of the Damned, and treasure maps with undead protectors at the treasure sights ,  don't know if the Sea life is Comparable to Vanilla since i haven't play that, But there is a ton of Critters in the sea that i have seen so far including evil nasty shocking jellyfish.. 

7 hours ago, nethrosdefectus said:

Blackwood has WPEs - Yes/No?

Blackwood has Ships of the Damned and Treasure maps with chest protected by the undead - Yes/No?

Blackwood a similar amount of sea ife (sharks/whales/dophins etc) compared to the vanilla ATLAS region(s) - Yes/No

Thanks in advance

I've only played Blackwood about 10 hours and haven't played Atlas on a server in over half a year.

There are SoTD, but I've yet to see more than one in one area. Not the groups like other maps, and I think not that many.

There are Treasure maps, you can look at them and try and guess which island they are for (there are I think 8 islands, so not too hard), but do not select them in your hotbar, this will crash the game. If you are playing single player, this will cause a rollback. I've had like 5 minute and just like 1 minute rollbacks so far. It is very easy to accidentally hit a hotbar key even when you know this will crash the game. Takes some practice to not do that, so this one bug sucks pretty big. I did manage to find a lot of treasure though, so not too big of a deal breaker.

I have not seen much sea life, but I tend not to go in the sea. The freeport island only had fish in a few ponds. I use a mod for food, so the difficulty in finding fish is not a big deal for me. Shouldn't be for you, you are bound to get eaten by a tiger at first, this will balance your vitamins :classic_biggrin:

You didn't ask about sunken ships. It has those, although I've never done one. Maybe I will try it when I have a submarine or Brig. Right now I have just the schooner.

There are Treasure maps, you can look at them and try and guess which island they are for (there are I think 8 islands, so not too hard), but do not select them in your hotbar, this will crash the game. If you are playing single player, this will cause a rollback. I've had like 5 minute and just like 1 minute rollbacks so far. It is very easy to accidentally hit a hotbar key even when you know this will crash the game. Takes some practice to not do that, so this one bug sucks pretty big. I did manage to find a lot of treasure though, so not too big of a deal breaker.

so far i havent crashed with treasure maps..  and i have been playing for a month now.. 

1 hour ago, LunarDracos said:

so far i havent crashed with treasure maps..  and i have been playing for a month now.. 

Are you playing on Blackwood single player? Every youtube video I've seen where they play single player it crashes. Happens every time to me. I've seen lots of posts about it too. You are the first to say it isn't crashing. Many people use the Blackwood map for single player play, because it is big enough to get the flavor of Atlas, but not the huge over 100 grid server that takes up so much time traveling all over those maps all by yourself. People also use it for non-dedicated, since you can do that when you don't have to travel across grid borders. I have not tried non-dedicate yet, possibly other maps would work with it, not sure, but Blackwood should be a good choice. I didn't mention single player, I just assumed if someone is playing Blackwood, they are playing single player.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, LunarDracos said:

I play single player Blackwood and yes they have Wild Pirate Encampments, Yes there is evil nasty Ships of the Damned, and treasure maps with undead protectors at the treasure sights ,  don't know if the Sea life is Comparable to Vanilla since i haven't play that, But there is a ton of Critters in the sea that i have seen so far including evil nasty shocking jellyfish.. 

I played single player Blackwood for over a month, I did not see a single WPE. Yes they were enabled, the only time I saw the symbol for a WPE was as the bottom of the ocean.

This players information would seem incorrect.

The ocean spawns are either not working 100% correctly or it is intended that large areas of the ocean (specifically Blackwood island, but also didn't see a single fish anywhere near the Goluga Refuge) are devoid of all life. Fish are easy to find on the islands however as the lakes are populated inland with catfish.

Attempting to view a treasure map on a rented server will crash your client, they used to work OK for me on single player. Gauging where they are by not bringing the map up from your hotbar is "possible" but... well it's possible to run a marathon in Dr Martins, that doesn't make it a good idea. They aren't working, end of. You attempt to view it, your client will crash. Not functioning.

Blackwood has SotD, whenever I go hunting them it seems like there are not enough, have sailed around for over an hour just looking for our first fleet....

But... on the other hand whenever I leave port in my unarmed, slow, defensless cargo hauler it seems the ocean is full of them. This probably means in actuality it is a balanced number.

Edited by Not Happy

On 12/12/2019 at 6:40 AM, Not Happy said:

I played single player Blackwood for over a month, I did not see a single WPE. Yes they were enabled, the only time I saw the symbol for a WPE was as the bottom of the ocean.

On the Game I have been playing All Non Freeport islands i have encountered have at least one WPE base.. usually one has a ship near shore.. ... i finally crashed but that was after i tried to start with a Mod that was recommended.. 

Edited by LunarDracos