Ravens

NPC Sea Ships

In multiplayer it would be great if you could add in some new ship threats other than the ships of the damned. 

Flying Dutchman

An NPC ship that resembles the myth of the flying dutchman would be an interesting new threat on the sea to deal with. Perhaps it could be smarter then the ships of the damned but has to rely on the wind like we do.

NPC Pirates

Normal NPC pirates who roam the seas, if you manage to kill those on board perhaps you can claim the NPCs ship as your own. This would be a good addition for PVE players in multiplayer who have nothing much to do aside from the usual fighting the ships of the damned, treasure hunting ect.. and an alternative way to get your hands on a ship. Ships are the same as ours, they can be common, fine, journeyman ect.. obviously the latter are quite rare and could spawn as a sloop, schooner, brig, galleon. They also may have loot in the chests on the ships.

Having only started playing not to long ago, the concept of the Flying Dutchman is quite intimidating. 😅 But very interesting. It could add a new achievement of some sort as well as a some crazy loot. I certainly wouldn't go fight it tomorrow, but think it would fun to do so eventually. 

NPC pirates, or just plain old NPC ships, you could fight off or hire to travel along side you would be nice. 

We don't have an incredibly large company on the grids I play on, so we are limited to a few ships on each journey. Being able to hire ships that would follow the orders of the "lead" ship would be nice. (or even allow us to hire "captains" at a higher rate so that they would follow your orders on the lead vessel - following in other ships you have built yourself.) There would have to be a limit set of course, to how many you could hire to follow and such to avoid overpowering the process. In my mind I imagine no more that 2, with possible setting adjustments for unofficial servers.

At this point I will cross my fingers that both may be eventual additions to the game. Like the ideas though. 😁