Sign in to follow this  
CoopedUp

Ceiling Tiles - Building Foundation Issue

So I've recently began construction of a larger 12x25 tile Manufacturing Barn with multiple wide gate entries on all sides.  The entire structure is built over the water on a dock which is adequately supported with pillars every 2 or so blocks in both directions allowing for foundation support to hold the floor up without issue.  When trying to fill in the ceiling of the crafting floor and when trying to fill in the roof of the second floor I end up with a random strip in the middle of the building where it will not let me place any ceiling tiles because of Foundation Support?

The entire ceiling is easily suspended over a completely pillared and supported floor level over the water, so if the floor has adequate foundation support why then does the ceiling above it NOT have adequate foundation support to fill in the rest of the celing and roof?

ATLAS Coordinate: cheat TP K13 -238045 -294562 228

Having a similar and related issue I think. This is on Official NA PVE Grid E5. 

I had to redo a building roof 3 and part of a wall and floor tile times and three different ways to get it to "stick". I would build it out fine and then come back and randomly missing sections in the ceilings and parts of walls disappearing. These were all built on ceilings. I think it's a synching issue. I put the ceiling down and the game thinks it's ok but at some point it redraws things and then it's not "OK" anymore all parts connected to that piece that aren't supported by another part disappear (so anything on top and then connected sequentially). The wall section I finally had to fix by building foundations 4 high under it that one part. Some reason the game didn't like the pillar there even though it allowed me to build them up and stick a ceiling on it.