LunarDracos

Bear Says "NOPE"

I finally tamed my first bear.. He refuses to get on my sloop .. ( the words are all blacked out) .   The sloop has enough weight to carry him and me plus  the cart on his back side.. ( already took that off to check) .   is it the design of my deck? that he refuses to get on?? any suggestions?

4 hours ago, LunarDracos said:

I finally tamed my first bear.. He refuses to get on my sloop .. ( the words are all blacked out) .   The sloop has enough weight to carry him and me plus  the cart on his back side.. ( already took that off to check) .   is it the design of my deck? that he refuses to get on?? any suggestions?

Happens to me all the time.  You'll have to tell him to follow you, then get on the sloop and after some fumbling around the sides he'll get on board.

• Like 1

yes  i did have enough slots .. he finally just followed me instead of me commanding him.. lol     Silly Old Bear 

I made a schooner that he really likes.. so well that means if i want anybody else ( not including tatertot the chicken) i  might need to upgrade to a brig finally

Edited by LunarDracos

38 minutes ago, LunarDracos said:

yes  i did have enough slots .. he finally just followed me instead of me commanding him.. lol     Silly Old Bear 

I made a schooner that he really likes.. so well that means if i want anybody else ( not including tatertot the chicken) i  might need to upgrade to a brig finally

I would recommend upgrading to Brig asap. Much faster and much more versatile. Would recommend 1 Large Handling Sail and 2 Large Speed sails for versatility. You will take off faster and it does help you turn due to creeping sails up and down for wind acceleration while you turn while only losing maybe a 1-2 knots of speed at max wind. Most of the time though the frackin wind goes against the way you want to go so the handling sail comes in handy!  

Actually I recommend NEVER USE this "get on board" button. Because there is a slight risk that when you push the button, your tame will fall down right to the hell, or flies up to the heavens. I'm not joking, it's game glitch, that rarely can hit you. When it's happen - you tame is gone. I lost two of my bears this way (one was carrying around 2500 gold btw).

Safer way is just get your tame follow you, then get on board yourself, and watch you tame appears after you.

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

Actually I recommend NEVER USE this "get on board" button. Because there is a slight risk that when you push the button, your tame will fall down right to the hell, or flies up to the heavens. I'm not joking, it's game glitch, that rarely can hit you. When it's happen - you tame is gone. I lost two of my bears this way (one was carrying around 2500 gold btw).

Safer way is just get your tame follow you, then get on board yourself, and watch you tame appears after you.

When was the last time you tried loading with the menu? Yes, this was a glitch when I played 10 months ago. Someone told me this is now fixed and I've been using it. The only problem I've seen so far, is one time the tame loaded under the deck, but then I put it on follow and it popped out. The get on board menu works differently now. It will gray out the option if there is going to be a problem loading. Before it would just load anyway and that is when you would lose your tame. So have you lost a tame to this recently? I just started playing again a few weeks ago, so don't have a lot of experience with it. Now it might just be easier to have the tame follow, since it sometimes takes several tries to position a tame before it will load onto the ship.

19 hours ago, George Catcher said:

yup happend to one of my tigers half a year ago. he went into space. he is probably on mars now