TeddyWestside

Actual Modern Strategies fpr AOTD?

I've seen strategies from months ago but they dont seem to work now. Ie. Grenades into a circle of signs USED to work (i guess?) But they do no damage now. Is there a better way for the two of us to fight these things for gold? Cannons?  Just better skills?

Doing some Testing inbetween And so far i've been able to solo AotD up to Level 85 with sword And shield

• Thanks 1

As others have said. Bears. just stand in the group, pop nature's cry and swing away.

• Grey maps: Almost any tame animal will make very short work of it.
  • Green maps: Any bear will destroy it.
  • Blue maps: A good quality raw tame might be able to handle it if you really pump their damage. But they might struggle to drop the heavies before they heal, hand-raised, imprinted bears are advisable. At this level you will also want to consider wearing a bit of armour since archer/mace power attack damage is going to start to sting.
  • Purple maps: Definitely want a hand-raised, imprinted battle bear for these and bring some real armour for this fight, like plate, and/or blueprint crafted stuff or you could end up dead before your mount. 

Don't forget; your bear can also be your drinking buddy. Tank yourselves up on grog and fight like angry drunks!

On 12/7/2019 at 11:46 PM, zottel said:

Doing some Testing inbetween And so far i've been able to solo AotD up to Level 85 with sword And shield

Out of curiosity, how do you build your character/gear/and engage in that sort've fight? - I've never really spent the time to learn the nuances of the melee system.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

@RyuujinZERO Knowledge if the old ones is definitly a must have. Also learned the sword tree completly, because the circular sword attack is rly Strong. For the Charakter itself i skilled Into HP to 301 ( thought cap was 300 ) And into Staminq to about 180. rejuvinate And equilibrium are also buffing your melee Attacks. Didnt had the Chance to use Grog tho Till now. Also Grog doesnt Buff your tames anymore sadly.

• Like 1

Crabs are best overall for maps. Can jump there. Just make sure it has decent mele. For optimum get a weight crab and a mele crab and do them as a duo. They have a duel claw ground pound that makes quick work of AoD

Crabs are awesome as they have good dmg And can get where bears cant, but they take more dmg than an imprinted bear would take And if you are unlucky it can happen that an AOD is under you where u cant Hit them or even worse makes your crab hover And you cant do anything about it.

If someone needs more gold, I'm betting they are just starting out on a server. After a few months, most people have plenty unless maybe they are raided (I play PvE, so at least this is how it works for me). So I'm thinking using crabs to do treasure maps is not going to work for most people that have a gold shortage. Heck, I've never even seen a crab in game. So Bears are the way to go for me. Now if only there was a way to get a bear up on top of a cliff :classic_biggrin:

A little off topic, but actual bears can climb like crazy, why can't a bear climb a steep slope? I've been playing Conan Exiles for a bit, then come back to Atlas and the inability of all these tames to climb slopes that some on foot even we can climb seems kind of dumb. In Conan, the tames can go anywhere you can get to. Partly of course I think that is just because the programmers for Conan are not the best, but still it sure is nice that it works that way.

Edited by wildbill

I've been thinking of trying to shoot em all with swivel (on cargo harness) but... it was unpleasant surprise that guns just doesn't do any damage. This attempt to play I was trying to go all game aspects without tames, but sadly it turned out - there is just no alternative : (

Bows And xbow should work again too now 🙂 Getting a crab is kinda easy, buy One from a trader ( good crabs are only about 5-10k Gold ) also 90% of the trader accept resources aswell. Tame Yourself One using the Diving attachment or join One of the weekly Kraken fights to unlock the submarine.

21 hours ago, zottel said:

Bows And xbow should work again too now 🙂 Getting a crab is kinda easy, buy One from a trader ( good crabs are only about 5-10k Gold ) also 90% of the trader accept resources aswell. Tame Yourself One using the Diving attachment or join One of the weekly Kraken fights to unlock the submarine.

So someone is having trouble getting enough gold and the solution is to by a crab with 5 - 10k Gold they don't have? I'm not understanding that logic. Maybe the game has a banker that will loan them the 5 - 10k and then they can pay it back after doing 20 or 30 treasure hunts?

Cool though that you can buy a crab. I might do that once I have the gold. They sound like a fun tame to have.

I usually just use a few bears to do treasure hunts. Sometimes they are where a bear can't reach, so I have to skip some of the treasure. I tamed a few bears today, need to level them a bit and will start hunting soon :classic_biggrin:

you can do maps up to blue with tigers too. just needs good amount of hitpoints. spam the jump button and you can climb most mountains.

watch our for stamina and your position its not as easymode as bears ofc.

Edited by Sau

5 hours ago, wildbill said:

So someone is having trouble getting enough gold and the solution is to by a crab with 5 - 10k Gold they don't have? I'm not understanding that logic. Maybe the game has a banker that will loan them the 5 - 10k and then they can pay it back after doing 20 or 30 treasure hunts?

Cool though that you can buy a crab. I might do that once I have the gold. They sound like a fun tame to have.

I usually just use a few bears to do treasure hunts. Sometimes they are where a bear can't reach, so I have to skip some of the treasure. I tamed a few bears today, need to level them a bit and will start hunting soon :classic_biggrin:

Thats why u Wrote you can also Pay with resources.