Belle

AOTD Spawning in my house

Had AOTD spawn in my lawless base house, kill me ofcourse and can respawn in my bed and my settlement house, same story. Am I missing something?

The treasure maps spawn points are static. A certain map for a certain level will always spawn in the same spot. Those that have claimed islands often get to know where they are and only build occupied buildings like barns and such over open water on the shore. Your base sits over a spawn. It will continue to happen. Don't like uninvited guests? Move. We often put down a small wood sign once we know where one is (doesn't affect the digging it up) that says "Treasure map spawn point, do not build here!", but since lawless is lawless, no one is going to pay attention to that anyways.

Had some AOD spawn randomly on lawless Without Doing a map And there are quite a few posts about those random AOD spawns.

They are from people who spawn the AOD with a map, then leave.The AOD are supposed to despawn when the person leaves the area, but don't. Either way, the mechanic is fucked, and with the track record this company has on addressing issues it won't be fixed soon. Be careful what you wish for, they will probably decide that fixing it is beyond their limited capabilities like speed sails and just remove treasure maps altogether.

3 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

They are from people who spawn the AOD with a map, then leave.The AOD are supposed to despawn when the person leaves the area, but don't. Either way, the mechanic is fucked, and with the track record this company has on addressing issues it won't be fixed soon. Be careful what you wish for, they will probably decide that fixing it is beyond their limited capabilities like speed sails and just remove treasure maps altogether.

Nah They remove bases And Give us tents 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for insight. I had never seen it before. I finally killed all the AOTD and logged in just now to more in my house. Well they can have the house and mortgage. 🤣

On 12/7/2019 at 4:19 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

The treasure maps spawn points are static. A certain map for a certain level will always spawn in the same spot. Those that have claimed islands often get to know where they are and only build occupied buildings like barns and such over open water on the shore. Your base sits over a spawn. It will continue to happen. Don't like uninvited guests? Move. We often put down a small wood sign once we know where one is (doesn't affect the digging it up) that says "Treasure map spawn point, do not build here!", but since lawless is lawless, no one is going to pay attention to that anyways.

Yeah, I been on this lawless spot for about two months until I find a place to build that wont get demolished. Last 3 places I became a tenant at (one man company) , owners going afk and losing their  land and my stuff was demolished by new owners (3 times now). The settlement situation is tiresome and frustrating.  But it a pirates life for me. Im gonna move my house. Thanks for the info

Are you on PVE? Because once your structures have gone past the 24 hour timer on a claimed island the owners (new or old) can't demolish them. They always have the 24 hour timer for anything new you place down, but legacy structures are safe, as long as you are never gone for more than 10 days without rendering the assets in. If I lose my island claim for example, the next owners cannot demo any of my settlers stuff. They had planned to add the new owners can pay a fee and wipe the island option and it was immediately so unpopular it was pulled after a single weekend.

its people giving no regards to peoples bases that spawn the army of the damned inside your base