Jump to content

narddog

Where are the QOL updates that were pitched in the road map?

Recommended Posts

Have any of the QOL items WC/GS said they would work on been implemented? Eg. Sail speeds, shark spawns, ladder fixes, item stacks etc? Are they planning to release all at once or is there something else going on that perhaps I missed an announcement of? I wish we could get an update here and there letting us know what's going on, or current status of fixes etc. Whether here, reddit or the discord it would be greatly appreciated if there was a tad more transparency

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much chance of community engagement here, they prefer the social media platforms where any comments they make are buried under the dung-heap of comments 5 minutes afterwards.

It's been almost a month since anyone at grapeshot posted here on their "first point of contact" official forums.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They atleast increased the meat stacks to 50 🙂 but as someone who played since Day One And had alot of Patience And also understand the developers Point of view, i must say even tho they told us it will get quiet for some time cant sweettalk the Communication issue anymore

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the developers are working on the late Ark DLC. They have announced larger patches, but nothing has changed here for several weeks.

I'm curious if anything is going to happen before Christmas. I'm currently playing single (no longer keen on wipes and decays) and have to say that the bug has no end. So before QoL updates appear, they should first take care of the sometimes serious bugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was missing for half of year, now decided to try again, and must say - game feels a bit different. At least no more laggy servers with "step sailing". So there is an improvement (still way to go, I was thrown out by fatal error for several times).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First it was the launch of SP and blackwood, then it was Xbox release and now who knows, but we have gotten very little improvements since June/July, and i don't know what to think any more, but after way too many hours spent on this game i think this season is going be my last one because this thing is going nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Not much chance of community engagement here, they prefer the social media platforms where any comments they make are buried under the dung-heap of comments 5 minutes afterwards.

It's been almost a month since anyone at grapeshot posted here on their "first point of contact" official forums.

 

ohhh they read it, believe me. but for once they are being "smart" they know they fucked up, they know the ship is sinking and rand out of excuses. but thats ok, i rather they say nothing and focus on refloating this than keep making up lies and excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should be working on content and optimising as they go. at the very least create systems that facilitate trade and piracy. dedicating such a large swath of dev time (and ours) on purely optimisation after completely shafting their player base with the xbox shabockle instead of all the content they were promising us for a year, will completely break this games population.

ive waited a year on broken promises. i've held on purely for my dreams of what this game could be... even against my better judgment... so many content streamers, industry protagonists, and modders that saved ark's bottom line, have already said fuck this game and the devs because they waited forever to no avail..  there will be no one left in the community to buy the micro transactions and prop sales, planned for post development. you wont find many "whales" buying 1000's of dollars in cosmetics on xbox compared to PC... with a dead pc player base this game will not succeed. 

who ever is at the top when it comes to developing this game needs to step down and let someone with vision take the reins so this game will succeed and keep developing for years beyond early access... because obviously the top dude is completely blind to what is happening before him. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your quiet and be a good boy or girl, Santa Pirate will bring you news for Christmas of a Wipe! :classic_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xbox cashgrab sent all of their families on a nice vacation. im sure they appreciate all the money you donated to them.

expect some new content this summer right before the nintendo switch cashgrab...oops, i mean release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, MOTIK said:

xbox cashgrab sent all of their families on a nice vacation. im sure they appreciate all the money you donated to them.

expect some new content this summer right before the nintendo switch cashgrab...oops, i mean release!

46458051_10217534385382283_732479188837072896_n.jpg.71c35007ba8a995b1dde23940c6d21a1.jpg

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its always a good idee to shit on the current bugs and implement a crossover platform and get additionall bugs then before and more unhappy player bases. So why not!

Roadmap announced on 31. august:

Phase 1:

Just a few of the changes and fixes (both small and big) we’re planning to make:

  • Fixing speed sails and increasing overall wind speed effectiveness. (not implemented)
  • Adjustments to blueprint stat rolls and crafting requirements. (not implemented)
  • Making improvements to logs for companies. (not implemented)
  • Increasing max stack sizes for certain items. (done)
  • Removing the negative effects of status effects, including vitamins. (not implemented)
  • Giving players the option to choose which Kraken to fight. (not implemented)
  • Reducing the frequency of surface attacks by sharks. (not implemented)
  • Increasing the treasure map spoil time. (not implemented)
  • Cargo Container adjustments. (not implemented)
  • Replacing the text in the game with a universal font style. (done)
  • Hiding more text behind the “Extended UI” function (not implemented)
  • Making ladders easier to climb. (not implemented)

 

  • But hey here you get xbox crossplay! (done with extra bugs)

"GOOD JOB!"

Edited by Tenosch
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing the single player for the last time. Crashes are still harmless. Since buildings and ships disappear with total inventory, the ships are not synchronized correctly when changing the map and the respawn does not work anymore.

Against the single player, the official servers are a haven of stability. And because that worked so well, the dumb console players were now cheated on such a dysfunctional product as well.

Your list, on the other hand, is all stuff you can live with. Seen from this side, I would almost be happy in your place 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, it's still EA, and we knew a few month ago, at the last stream on twitch, that we will wait long, so let's just wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, photek said:

well, it's still EA, and we knew a few month ago, at the last stream on twitch, that we will wait long, so let's just wait.

How long? Give us eta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, photek said:

well, it's still EA, and we knew a few month ago, at the last stream on twitch, that we will wait long, so let's just wait.

jeh its EA but how stupid is it to port a unfinished EA game to xbox. so now they have two open construction on two platforms. ergo the same people are distributed on more work

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have more patient, we are only 2 month into phase 1.
They did change some QoL for them, bugreports get deleted now (from mods on discord), so they dont have to process them 🙂.

I member when they halfed the int from leveling, she said dont worry there will be changes to BPs too.
2 weeks later, changes to BPs, they took away int stats form armor BPs 😞
3 month later, no other changes to brocken progression system 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, Enki Anunnaki said:

they should be working on content and optimising as they go. at the very least create systems that facilitate trade and piracy. dedicating such a large swath of dev time (and ours) on purely optimisation after completely shafting their player base with the xbox shabockle instead of all the content they were promising us for a year, will completely break this games population.

ive waited a year on broken promises. i've held on purely for my dreams of what this game could be... even against my better judgment... so many content streamers, industry protagonists, and modders that saved ark's bottom line, have already said fuck this game and the devs because they waited forever to no avail..  there will be no one left in the community to buy the micro transactions and prop sales, planned for post development. you wont find many "whales" buying 1000's of dollars in cosmetics on xbox compared to PC... with a dead pc player base this game will not succeed. 

who ever is at the top when it comes to developing this game needs to step down and let someone with vision take the reins so this game will succeed and keep developing for years beyond early access... because obviously the top dude is completely blind to what is happening before him. 

Didn't they hired a new lead designer in August?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I started playing the game on day one.  Recently I started watching a YouTube series by a fellow named Grillmastah who also started publishing videos on initial release, and the nostalgia is absolutely mind boggling.  I'm amazed at how much new content, changes, bug fixes, and optimizations have happened in the last year!  I tend to forget that the game isn't even 1 year old yet.

Compared to where ARK was after the first year, ATLAS's update speeds and content additions/fixes have been lightning quick in comparison.  I can afford them a little patience if they are neck deep in as big of a gameplay change as they were hinting at with the roadmap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Didn't they hired a new lead designer in August?

the top dude is named Jesse Rapczak. the guy that was replaced is named jeremy stieglitz who was right under jesse. replacing jeremy was probably just a ploy to make it look like they are shifting gears and be the fall guy for lying to all their super angry supporters about all the content promises when they were really working on xbox crossplay. jesse is the one who held the strings and operated the rest of the devs, not jeremy. id speculate the main problem with all of this is that they are spreading their time across two games development... ark AND atlas at the same time... when they should really be focusing their time on one at a time and have others who are capable, investing all their time into the other. it's no wonder development is going nowhere in atlas except "optimising"... they're not completely focused on it. not like they were when they started ark.

but what do i know. they dont talk to us anymore. i dont even remember the last time there was a live devstream about atlas

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys can’t think far into the future can you?

The devs said this game will be in early access for at least 2 years. They dropped the roadmap in August and stated that they wouldn’t start it until after the Xbox launch in October.

That roadmap will see them through the remainder of early access. I just thought the community would be smart enough to work that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cap’n Ro said:

 

The devs said this game will be in early access for at least 2 years. 

If i understand right the first year has passed. We have almost zero communication from Dev team about what's going on. No post from community manager, no question answered, no Cap logs posted.

Edited by Redrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×