narddog

Where are the QOL updates that were pitched in the road map?

they have done something, 3 patches for pvp issues...and guess what communication we got recently? another pvp related patch for gliders, and only cuase the top streamers have been streaming the issue non stop. so you want fixes? make tons of video of top issues and send them to gameinformer or ign or inn.news and every other gaming site, i mean it cant get any worse then the 80% neg rating on steam right? but im sure all these sites know the game is dead and not worth reporting on which is why they havent done any articles on it except for xbox cross play but i highly doubt they come back and see how thats going...

7 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

You guys can’t think far into the future can you?

The devs said this game will be in early access for at least 2 years. They dropped the roadmap in August and stated that they wouldn’t start it until after the Xbox launch in October.

That roadmap will see them through the remainder of early access. I just thought the community would be smart enough to work that out.

future? what future? ROFL they already burned half the time they themselfs set to release the game, they will release the game after the 2 years period but only in name because the game will still be in alpha quality. you say the community is not smart, but, what community? the remnants would be a more appropiate name, that said once the game hit rock bottom (hopefully soon) the only direction left will be up, but do they rly have what it takes? the new guy seems to have a much more clear vision of what the game should be but i can envision "difficulties", as of now the game development is more a tv drama than a game development so we will see (i will most likely never play it again but i wanna see how the drama ends xD)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

future? what future? ROFL they already burned half the time they themselfs set to release the game, they will release the game after the 2 years period but only in name because the game will still be in alpha quality. you say the community is not smart, but, what community? the remnants would be a more appropiate name, that said once the game hit rock bottom (hopefully soon) the only direction left will be up, but do they rly have what it takes? the new guy seems to have a much more clear vision of what the game should be but i can envision "difficulties", as of now the game development is more a tv drama than a game development so we will see (i will most likely never play it again but i wanna see how the drama ends xD)

Ya, got to wonder how many people are playing just because they have so much invested in the game and are waiting to see how it ends up. Me, I keep coming back every few months to check on the progress. I don't have the patience to actually play the game, but I'll be playing it once in awhile and reading the forums occasionally. I've put in 600 hours on the game, now I want to see how it turns out :classic_biggrin:

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, The D Legacy said:

will most likely never play it again but i wanna see how the drama ends xD

And there it is; peak pathetic. Such a big world out there yet you have so little going on that you’d rather stay for the toxic circle-jerking.

it is a big world but, the video game industry only has a handful of current games this controversial.

the other right off the top of my head is the giant clusterfug dumpster fire that is borderlands 3.

8 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

And there it is; peak pathetic. Such a big world out there yet you have so little going on that you’d rather stay for the toxic circle-jerking.

well but of course, i like knowledge, and this is a good oportunity to gather all kinds of data, from the psychological reaction of the different type of players exposed to the different stages of the evolution of this situation to the reaction of a studio who's greed fucked up the entire project rly bad and needs to make a comeback, have you ever wondered where is the limit of the complacency of the hoards of sheeps called players? or where is the limit of how much a company's greed and ego can blind them before they realise it and try to react? this is like a lab experiment but instead of watching rats i watch people, you would be surprised of the ammount of usefull information that can be extracted from a drama.

Edited by The D Legacy

On 12/9/2019 at 5:55 AM, Tenosch said:

So its always a good idee to shit on the current bugs and implement a crossover platform and get additionall bugs then before and more unhappy player bases. So why not!

Roadmap announced on 31. august:

Phase 1:

Just a few of the changes and fixes (both small and big) we’re planning to make:

• Fixing speed sails and increasing overall wind speed effectiveness. (not implemented)
  • Adjustments to blueprint stat rolls and crafting requirements. (not implemented)
  • Making improvements to logs for companies. (not implemented)
  • Increasing max stack sizes for certain items. (done)
  • Removing the negative effects of status effects, including vitamins. (not implemented)
  • Giving players the option to choose which Kraken to fight. (not implemented)
  • Reducing the frequency of surface attacks by sharks. (not implemented)
  • Increasing the treasure map spoil time. (not implemented)
  • Cargo Container adjustments. (not implemented)
  • Replacing the text in the game with a universal font style. (done)
  • Hiding more text behind the “Extended UI” function (not implemented)
  • Making ladders easier to climb. (not implemented)

• But hey here you get xbox crossplay! (done with extra bugs)

"GOOD JOB!"

Actually, they did adjust map timers and ladders are much easier to grab.