I play on PC in a single player game only. The game constantly crashes all the time. It is becoming extremely frustrating. I’ll load into the game and within 2-3 minutes sometimes it crashes giving me a “low fatal error report”. I’ve disabled all in game overlays, ran as admin, turned off virus protection/firewall, and disabled other possible conflicting programs. It still crashes. I’ll be lucky if I even get a full hour of gameplay before the thing crashes.

I’ve got 16gb of ram, a RTX 2060 graphics card, and a i7 cpu. My specs can’t be the problem. Any feedback or things to try would be very helpful. Even if it seems repetitive please don’t hesitate to list something. I’m hoping this thread will help others when a solution presents itself.

Verify files.

Uninstall/reinstall game.

Update/reinstall video drivers.

Wipe the HDD and start with a fresh Windows 10 install.

Honestly, just spitballing here. I run a similarly specced system, with the exception of a 2070 instead of a 2060. I may get a crash once in 8 hours.

10 hours ago, Bigdord said:

I play on PC in a single player game only. The game constantly crashes all the time. It is becoming extremely frustrating. I’ll load into the game and within 2-3 minutes sometimes it crashes giving me a “low fatal error report”. I’ve disabled all in game overlays, ran as admin, turned off virus protection/firewall, and disabled other possible conflicting programs. It still crashes. I’ll be lucky if I even get a full hour of gameplay before the thing crashes.

I’ve got 16gb of ram, a RTX 2060 graphics card, and a i7 cpu. My specs can’t be the problem. Any feedback or things to try would be very helpful. Even if it seems repetitive please don’t hesitate to list something. I’m hoping this thread will help others when a solution presents itself.

Are you using discord at the same time of playing? I received fatal errors constantly when I had discord on whilst playing. 

Don’t get your hopes up for a fix from the dev’s side; They didn’t gave a shit about it on ARK and they’re completely ignoring it with ATLAS too. 

• Thanks 1

Have you updated all your drivers?

Cleaned up your startup?

Have you tested with lower game settings/ reset to default?

Is this a game crash or a PC fatal error?

Did you check your ram and drive for errors?

How long since a clean windows reload?

Do you use this pc to surf adult sites? 🙂

• Haha 1

Thank you all I will try and follow these suggestions. I edited some registry files and it seemed to work for a little while until the game froze completely on me and made have to force shut down the computer. I will try some of these things and see. I’ve already verified integrity all seems fine.

21 hours ago, Percieval said:

Are you using discord at the same time of playing? I received fatal errors constantly when I had discord on whilst playing. 

Don’t get your hopes up for a fix from the dev’s side; They didn’t gave a shit about it on ARK and they’re completely ignoring it with ATLAS too. 

I am not. I have disabled most of my third party apps. The crash I’ve received give me an error code that says something about D3D failing or something like that. I did somethings to fix this problem but it does not seem to work thus far. 

So i think i found a fix. I was constantly getting a d3d error related to directX. Apparently unreal engine and nvidia gpu's don't work well with each other. I found a forum where someone said to underclock your core clock -200 to -400 mhz. I used msi afterburner to do this and so far the crashes have stopped. I set  the core clock to -200  mhz and saved these settings under a new preset so i can revert back to my default settings. Very little graphical changes have been noticed. I originally had msi disabled since some other games don't take kindly to it running in the background. but in this case the game does not appear to have a problem with it. if anything changes i will update.

Years later, this helped me a TON @Bigdord. My new PC with 3080ti, i9-12900KF, and 32GB RAM (6k MHz) has been crashing a TON in Atlas since I bought it a few months ago. I tried everything (Low Memory Mode, changing in-game settings, etc....).

My particular problem seems to be that my GPU was running over its maximum temperature limit (83c by default). I noticed that my GPU would hit this limit and then soon after Atlas would crash. Using MSI Afterburner, I decreased both my Core and Memory clocks by -300 and -200 MHz respectively, and increased my GPU temperature limit to 90c for Atlas. These two things combined seem to be keeping the GPU cooler, thereby preventing the game from crashing when the GPU is over-worked. I think if the GPU gets over the temperature limit, it starts slowing down to try to cool off.

I think this process of the GPU trying to cool-down is not handled well by Atlas / Unreal and causes the game to crash. Other Unreal games do not experience this issue, so I think it's Atlas specifically 😄 

Edited by Skippy-0

This game crashing on occasion is somewhat commonplace for me.

However, I noticed you're playing the solo game mode.  I feel this game mode is more neglected (err... less priority) than the official server game mode and isn't as up to date with fixes etc.

Try playing on the official servers and see if it crashes.