Sign in to follow this  
Serverside

Port Required for steam Stats - LAN Server

As the title states, I'm trying to find out what port ATLAS queries Steam on to upload the stats of servers/players.

Reason for this, is I'm trying to host a Dedicated server via LAN using ZeroTier. I have a Mobile hotspot provider that does CGN on the IP4 side of things, but I have a way to open a single port via a VPN. 

When setting it all up, I'm able to see my server on the steam servers, but not in the ATLAS server browser, which I'm guessing is because of the lack of reporting to steam via the port needed to report the server to ATLAS.

Anyone know what port is %100 required for this so I can host it internally?

This works %100 fine for 7d2d, as I change the steam server list port to what my VPN provides and the server shows up, and everyone connects via ZeroTier. So I know this works...just need to know what port is required.

P.S. Opening your ports to the world and just listing your server IP as your LAN is not a LAN dedicated box...it's still WAN based, you're just telling your router what ports to open for what machine on your LAN vs opening the port for all machines in your network.

Edited by Serverside

Adding to this, since I have this working now.

There is no way to get this working with a single port.

With that said, if you're on a CGNAT like I am, grab a VPS for cheap, ($5 a month from places like DO) and run OpenVPN. Then connect, and forward your ports to it. Works like a charm.

Atlas' dedicated server uses at least three ports, and three per shard plus a lobby server port if you run more than one grid square. You'll have a game port, a query port (which I suspect will be what Steam will use), an RCON port for administration, and a redis port for the lobby server if you have more than only one grid square.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, Actium Praetor said:

Atlas' dedicated server uses at least three ports, and three per shard plus a lobby server port if you run more than one grid square. You'll have a game port, a query port (which I suspect will be what Steam will use), an RCON port for administration, and a redis port for the lobby server if you have more than only one grid square.

Whats the lobby port?