Sign in to follow this  
Amskiller01

Cannons wont fire (xbox)

Im having a problem on xbox pve my ship cannons wont fire i have them manned and i aim and they dont work ive tried everything ive switch the command groups and ive put them on stand down and free fire like whats going on what am i doing wrong i have cannon balls on board and they are in the ammunition box

to get them to fire on the ship you need to hit the command to open fire, the icon is a cannon firing, or you can target the said ship of the damned or player ship and open gun ports as soon as they are in range they will open fire, also make sure the ammo box is close enough for the cannon balls to be used, for a brig it needs to be directly in the center, schooner it don't matter, galleon, a couple gun ports from the bow and place one down, then go about 3 or 4 cannons from the stern(back) and place one and you can get away with two on the galleon

Edited by Coldpaws

When this happened to me i had to change the ammo type back to regular cannon balls.  

we have the opposite issue our NPC's fire at everything, even fish!! wasting valuable ammo. Even when they on passive. So we have to unseat them.

Checklist:

• Do you have the correct ammo in an ammo container, in reasonable proximity of the said guns (Radius ~30ft)
  • Do you have the right ammo selected?
  • Have you got the correct firing group highlighted when you are issuing the order to fire?
  • Have you actually issued the order to fire at a valid target/and or using a weapon that can be manually aimed?
  • Is the gun positioned in such a way it CAN actually obtain firing resolution, try firing it yourself? 
  • Have you opened the gunport?

Some indicators of note that can help debug:

• Firing groups will be highlighted violet when you have them selected. if you don't have one selected, issuing orders won't work.
  • If you don't get a grey tracer line when you hold the manual fire command, the gun's view may be obstructed.
  • A red circle with a line through it means no ammo of that type. Check container position/selected ammo type.
  • A yellow X means the gunport is still closed. Use the toggle gunports button.
Edited by RyuujinZERO