Valsharen

Structures and workbenches disappearing

Network: Playing non dedicated coop.
Grid: M5
Issue:
I've been playing non dedicated with my wife for a while, and the other day our smithy workbench disappeared. Edit: Placed directly on foundations that were still intact.
I figured it was probably a minor issue that was pretty rare but came back yesterday to half our base having vanished.
Not only had our loom, ice box and bed vanished... Half the building had gone with it as well as a saddle equipped to our tiger.
It was full of holes and we have floating workbenches and boxes everywhere now since the ceilings are gone without a trace.
This makes it really hard to enjoy building a home port.

Edit2: Just logged on and our Schooner was also missing ceiling pieces on the deck and the wheel..

Repro: Not sure, it seems to happen randomly.
Screenshots of the aftermath:
dm9D1Uf.jpgFaIp8Vd.jpgY9QuH72.jpgA1aq3pn.jpg
ixRrHh5.jpg
Any temporary fixes will be appreciated while the devs work on the issue.

Edited by Valsharen
Additional information

I also happened in the single player. I have suspected the fast trip. Have you been using the beds lately?

Other alternative ... I am not yet owner of my island.

We own ours, we havent used fast travel but I appreciate giving your ideas. We have left the grid with our ships though.
Also lost a bear on the last journey, so things arent getting better..
Might put this game on hold untill this issue is resolved, I can only imagine how bad it must be on official servers, where people can raid you.

Same thing happened to me. I play on Xbox single player. Last night I fast traveled to my old island to get my brig and when I got back my new base was missing walls, smithy, tigers saddle and the bed I fast traveled on. The galleon I have anchored there was missing 14 cannons, ceiling tiles, a cargo rack, and a full ammo box. I also got the message that 4 crew mutinied even though they had plenty of food and gold. 
 I’m not to bothered about the walls and things those can easily be replaced but everything in the smithy that’s what is frustrating. All that time sailing to get the the materials for legendary items and the blueprints! Gone! No bag no nothing! Ugh!!! 

same for us, non-dedicated coop on PC.

- random Sails, steering wheels etc. are suddently missing from anchored ships when returning to sector
- bookshelf full of blueprints , Smithy, Large Storage boxes disappeared in houses/structures

I had the suspicion that it's a clipping issues (no-clip building activated) but that can't be the cause for all missing items
Also the carriage saddle we had on a bear tends to delete things when touching it, but it seems to be creatures only.  (I guess it's the a similar effect to "cornering" a wild animal to tame/kill with two tamed creatures and suddenly the wild creatures vanishes). 

I did not enable the setting and am still affected by the problem. So that will not be the cause.

I noticed yesterday that also the pirate camps are affected, because there were also missing walls, so I did not have to break the door to get into the house. Did you also activate all the pirate camps?

Wild pirates are enabled, yes. Our only issue with those has been duplicating camps, no missing pieces in the camps yet. As in 2-7 identical camps spawned on top of eachother in the exact same place. I doubt its related to our issue though, seems very unlikely but annoying none the less as you take one wall down and there's another one at full health in the same spot. Easily fixed with a cheat kill command tho.

I'll try to pay closer attention if we play again, to see if we also see pirate camps with the same issue.
Atm though, we lost our motivation to play as we're randomly losing tons of resources every day.. up to multiple times a day, depending on how often we return to base.

I lost 2 ships yesterday through this crap. I wonder if it was because I quit the game over ALT + F4 because the computer was running at full capacity and I wanted to reboot.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, so the single player is not playable. Too bad, I thought about the constant wipes and the absurd decay settings on the official servers, you could have fun in the single player with a few mods. But instead of having fun, you only have trouble over the bad implementation and ignorant developers who do not care about their game.

This is happening on official as well. I had to redo a building roof 3 times and three different ways to get it to work. Just randomly missing sections in the ceilings and parts of walls disappearing that were built on ceilings. I think it's a synching issue. I put the ceiling down and the game thinks it's ok but at some point it redraws things and then it's not "OK" anymore all parts connected to that piece that aren't supported by another part disappear (so anything on top and then connected sequentially).