mattcscz

How can you hire and be okay with such terrible programmers?

The amount of trash things going on in this game is staggering. How does a game that made over 100m and been available to players for over a year still have issues with crossplay? How does it have issues with people being able to play the character they have been playing and suddenly can't anymore? It's because the blind ARK and Atlas retards make excuses for everything in there games because ark had a lot of potentiate when it came out and they put 5k hours in it now they are ark gods playing with the other 500 ppl that play it. Now the same ppl released ark with pirates and no dinosaurs and the games are having the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS and just like before we get 0 answers from support other than "yeah we are aware of X issue and are working on it" well i asked last year and this year and a few time between and here we are still aware of it. 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, ave26 said:

How can you play for a year and not know this is the worst way to tame an elephant? Get a fucking bear and bola the elephant while sitting on it. You dont need pens, it makes them buggy. Also ure feeding it from the WRONG side.  I've never had any issues with taming an elephant and i tamed dozens since last christmas. Not even gonna talk about devs, this gif was frustrating enough, seeing how bad u are after a year of playing.

you completely missed the point. oh and an animal is fed from the mouth unless is atlas ofc in wich case you have to feer from behind the ear, so yeah its the wrong side, this game asks you to feed a elephant from the wrong side.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:40 AM, mattcscz said:

I've played atlas now for a year and you know what? I love it, however...

What really suprises me and annoys me about Atlas is that at its core, it's amazing, it's an amazing concept and is excuted in a way that allows memorable and fun player moments, which nearly every single game released to date misses, but what really purplexes me is how programmers can constantly mess up and write bugs for something extremely trival, I'm curious to question if Grapeshot QA actually exists. As somebody who has released multiple AAA titles, it confuses beyond the point of belief, it can't be, yet seems so plausible.

For example, trying to tame an Elephant. What really seems weird in this gif is that the client seems to think that feeding the Elephant is completely possible (it's highlighted and an option), yet when I press E nothing happens, I move a little closer and the Elephant hits me, so what is really happening here? My general thought is the client and the server are NOT aligned but I get hit at the correct points, so to my disbelief it is literally down to extremely poor client or server programming, how does a game that makes $100m allow this to happen? literally any kid on a computer science course could write this better and shows either a huge discompassionate attitude toward the games or just the inability to do it correctly, which is truely sad.

you can actually feed him from another side so my belief is that is something "hit box" related, the hit boxes in this game are terrible.

i agree that the "concept" of the game had a lot of potential specially considering there is a very small ammount of naval survival games out there, but the saying goes like this: "not even gunpowder burns in the hand of fools"

On 12/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Enki Anunnaki said:

We are the QA.. lmao...  youd think after a year of playing and getting shit on by these devs you would know how this shit works by now.  They say theyre working on bug fixes and optimization right now in the road map... but honestly reading the patch notes.. i dont see shit. i dont even think theyre working on this game right now... i think they push out a turd on this game once in a while and then go right back to working on ark. theyve made more dlc packs for ark in the past year than theyve ever worked on this game.

population keeps dying out and nothing changes. 

probably Atlas mobile comming soon 😂

On 12/3/2019 at 9:43 PM, lordkhan4444 said:

plus his character is in attack mode, im pretty sure you cant do jack in this game in attack mode, hell you cant even mount a tame in attack mode.

that wasnt the point tho

On 12/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, lordkhan4444 said:

population is dying cause your offline raiding lawless bobs, nobody is crazy enough to keep farming stuff to have a cannon bear destroy there stuff and have everything thrown on the ground. the new bobs should get raid timers like everyone else, and the timers should be based off how many people are in there tribe. 1-3 people 3 hour window, 3-6 5 hour window ect ect.

and who decides those rules? yes the developers, in the end it all boils down to not knowing what they are doing.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, DocHolliday said:

Not even a full page in and everyone is arguing about crap that has nothing to do with the op. 

haters are too busy hating and white knights are to busy looking for excuses, at the end of the day is only few of us that actually pay attention to the topic brought up

• Like 1