Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

Despawn rates need to be adjusted!

Hi Devs, 

I've been playing this game since launch. There's a few despawn rates that REALLY need to be adjusted. Here they are:

1) Lighthouses despawn after 5 days?! (I had a busy week, and I came back to no lighthouse - no fun).
2) Billboard signs - THESE should only be 5 days before despawning, not the current 30+ days. I keep having people place signs on my property that never go away!
3) Foundations with ONLY a bed, fireplace, or a single pillar. If the foundation can be deleted, the rest should be too!
4) Rafts - I've STILL got rafts at my base from the INITIAL server online after the wipe, and they don't despawn, yet our larger ships will. That's just dumb.
5) Sloops from freeports - Same issue as the rafts, and they're cheap, so they can be spammed!
6) Chests on the ground by themselves - should be 10 days like everything else.

Please fix these despawn rates!

Edited by Cantore
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cantore said:

Hi Devs, 

I've been playing this game since launch. There's a few despawn rates that REALLY need to be adjusted. Here they are:

1) Lighthouses despawn after 5 days?! (I had a busy week, and I came back to no lighthouse - no fun).
2) Billboard signs - THESE should only be 5 days before despawning, not the current 30+ days. I keep having people place signs on my property that never go away!
3) Foundations with ONLY a bed, fireplace, or a single pillar. If the foundation can be deleted, the rest should be too!
4) Rafts - I've STILL got rafts at my base from the INITIAL server online after the wipe, and they don't despawn, yet our larger ships will. That's just dumb.
5) Sloops from freeports - Same issue as the rafts, and they're cheap, so they can be spammed!
6) Chests on the ground by themselves - should be 10 days like everything else.

Please fix these despawn rates!

i ageee with none of the above except for lighthouse 

On 12/1/2019 at 6:02 AM, UDO said:

i ageee with none of the above except for lighthouse 

You prefer the multi-month abandoned rafts? They collect like lice in islands adjacent to Freeports. Some of those islands look like beaches for the homeless. 10 days would be reasonable.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:24 PM, Cantore said:

These make a lot of sense on owned islands where the owners are marking important locations for building, resources, and shops, but those aren't even eligible for decay. 95% of these I see outside of that usage are in little clusters for animal traps that nobody ever cleans up. I'd say 10 days would be reasonable.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:24 PM, Cantore said:

The developers did this on purpose apparently, and are quite proud of it. No idea why, I agree with you, but don't expect them to see it your way.

• Like 1

There are so many Pros And cons for those structure Timers if you Start to think of it. Billboards are ugly and are used too much for taming. 90% of all lawless Islands Are Filled with traps And billboards And those one way ships.