Agent

Xbox Only Servers (non crossplay)

I just started playing on xbox and I'm sure that most people can agree with me that for the brand new xbox players coming in, it's really hard to go against lv 100+ players and dozens of galleons and mega companies. So I think it would be a good idea to make another server for xbox only even if it's only half of the map or even a quarter of the map just with all the zones (equatorial, temperate, etc). 

dont worry the server will inevitbly be wiped again, also i have started fresh countless times (i play on pc and always use a controller, because i find a controller more comfortable to play with)...it really isnt hard at all to get to a decent level...

5 hours ago, indymilenko said:

Yeah, but being on pc you didnt start at lvl 1 like we did, which gives you an unfair advantage

uhm yes i did, i have restarted a fully fresh character 3 or 4  times.... my most recent restart was about a month a go...i always start fresh after a long break....

Edited by Swooshdutch

The biggest problem is that pc tribe dosent have the same base lg that we xbox players have. We have been wiped by pc tribes 4 times since it started and everytime they win most because they dont have the same lag that we need to deal with. And off course the mythic gallys :p dont stand a chance

• Thanks 1

Even if they do inevitably wipe servers, PC has a huge advantage over consoles on everything, on PC you have a mouse and keyboard and better hardware to run atlas so while I'm trying to swipe at somebody with a sword at 3 fps they're at 60 or even if it's just 30 it's way better than the xbox. I'm not saying to remove crossplay but just suggesting they add another xbox non crossplay server if players wish to only play with other xbox players. :)

Even if they make a server for xbox only you're still gonna have people who play longer and level faster than others. I just started playing rdr2 online and I get griefed and killed nearly every time I log in, and that's just xbox players. In the long run it will make no difference apart from the lag, which I get on atlas on my pc too.

How to get to 100? Start off by grinding all the lawless island discoveries. Just the islands. Thats about 5 or 6 hours of work. Then make a shit achooner and go run the poweratones. Kill the whales while youre at it. That is about 3 days work. By the time youre done with that youve got a mex level of about 70. Then do kraken by leeching a kill on a sloop and build a sub. Get the essences, which is like 4 or 5 hrs of work. Your max level should be 90ish at that point. You can grind out more discoveries to hit 100, wouldnt take too long as there are as many as 30ish discoveries in some areas. Once your max level is up there you can either mass ran maps using xp songs or do a cave farm. 2x xp weekends are great for this. It aint hard you just gotta put time and effort into it.

Ok but dont you think xbox players should have an option to disable crossplay? I dont really like the forced crossplay and you should definitely have an option to disable crossplay at the very least. It's an absolute advantage to play on pc against console players and it may not be as much an advantage compared to say a first person shooter. It's impossible to fight off the chinese mega companies. So I'm sure you can understand why xbox players might not want to play with pc players. And it's just another option what could go wrong?

I've got atlas on both platforms and I like the idea of crossplay, it's not the pc that's the problem it's human nature. And that's something you can do nothing about. Also a lot of the problems I get now on xbox, I got on my pc anyway. Yeh xboxers deffo got the raw end of the deal, graphs are lower, can't import sail designs etc but that's the way console gaming always is, you can blame microsoft.