Hutchables

Shipwreck treasure quality

Hi all, has anyone found any shipwrecks of quality 16 or higher? I’m trying to get the discovery for it but can seem to find any of that high quality, do they spawn in certain areas or is it just random? Do I need to look for anything in particular on the map after using the sextant? 

I can see the wrecks highlighted on my map, is it a case of just visiting each one and eventually I should find one of 16 or higher?

any help would be appreciated

When it comes to things like this, Atlas fails hard.  I too have looked for things like that, but the highest wreck I have seen was a 10 quality.  Most are between 3 and 8.  Eventually, you just give up.  Atlas is like that in so many ways.  The good stuff is so rare, you just stop looking.  And even a high level flotsam, for instance, doesn't mean you will get anything good.  The highest level flotsams I have hauled in, have all given me garbage.  Like a Legendary Thatch Wall.  Who the hell wants that?  I get it, you can't have great stuff in every flotsam, but the good stuff is just too rare, to the point of making you feel like you are wasting your time.

I have picked up a lot of map bottles.  Fully 90% are common, and the rest were Fine.  I no longer go out of my way to get map bottles.  Why bother?  It's just going to be disappointing when they end up being garbage.  Everything about Conan is not great, but the drops I got there were far more rewarding.

I was lucky to find one. I also found a 14 lvl. That was some time ago and been looking for another for a company member with no luck. It’s most likely a very random generator thing. I got a crab helm skin for the bonus. They should definitely increase the amount of these v

I found an 18 in D11.. when it comes to these.. its just random..

Edited by FX Sergio

Yep, totally random. Had several in the 14's and one 15, but not yet found a 16+ one.

And as others have said, what blueprints you get varies a lot, although with the higher value shipwrecks you do usually get one or 2 high level ones.

Found one yesterday 16. something keep looking thats my 5th or 6th one since the wipe20191129204416_1.thumb.jpg.0c4d97d9b64906d80527d977632243d8.jpgipe

Edited by Zick

Get a Good Sextant Buff going and max out your Sightseeing. Shipwrecks will appear on you MAP long before they come into Render (assuming of course their location on the map isn't broken which happens far too often). Just keep farming shipwrecks and you'll get one eventually, and it's decent gold especially on 2x. I recommend doing a circuit around your home Grid looking for shipwrecks before leaving your zone. For whatever reason my home grid almost always has perfect shipwreck markers on my map, but the moment I move to another grid the accuracy of these markers plummet. Good Luck! 

21 hours ago, PistolWhip said:

Get a Good Sextant Buff going and max out your Sightseeing. Shipwrecks will appear on you MAP long before they come into Render (assuming of course their location on the map isn't broken which happens far too often). Just keep farming shipwrecks and you'll get one eventually, and it's decent gold especially on 2x. I recommend doing a circuit around your home Grid looking for shipwrecks before leaving your zone. For whatever reason my home grid almost always has perfect shipwreck markers on my map, but the moment I move to another grid the accuracy of these markers plummet. Good Luck! 

If you are going to look for shipwrecks, and plan to look in several grids, do yourself a favor and visit your animal pen to pick up some suicide pills, also known as poop.  Put them in a box, or smithy, or anything you can store them in.   Use your sextant, and search for the shipwrecks.  Then, after crossing into a new grid, eat the poop to kill yourself quickly.  Respawn, grab your gear, and redo the sextant buff.

Crossing into a new grid causes a bug.  The wrecks are are not where they appear on the map.  Plus, you can't redo the sextant buff until it has expired.  Respawning resets the buff,  so you can redo it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

If you are going to look for shipwrecks, and plan to look in several grids, do yourself a favor and visit your animal pen to pick up some suicide pills, also known as poop.  Put them in a box, or smithy, or anything you can store them in.   Use your sextant, and search for the shipwrecks.  Then, after crossing into a new grid, eat the poop to kill yourself quickly.  Respawn, grab your gear, and redo the sextant buff.

Crossing into a new grid causes a bug.  The wrecks are are not where they appear on the map.  Plus, you can't redo the sextant buff until it has expired.  Respawning resets the buff,  so you can redo it.

Also there's a good chance your shipwreck will also be glitched into an underwater sand bank if that's the case just leave it nothing you can do

I figured it was something along those lines. Frequent harbor wipes have made it difficult for me to get back out to the sea and address the problem. Thanks for the solution. Just sucks gotta redo the sextant Buff. 

Thanks all for the help and advice, sorry Iv not replied sooner, had a few offline issues to deal with.

ill keep scouting and I wasn’t aware of the bug when transiting sectors, good idea with the animal poop for a quick death to wipe the sextant buff.

if I learn anything more or come across any tips I’ll be sure to pass them on.