Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

The ship of my dream.

Though I dropped the game, I still keep coming back to the site and see if game changed enough so I could give it another try. I still keep really warm memories of game starting journey when we were in the search of our home, when we found place in tundra, how we first settled, freezing to death etc.

Anyway. What I’ve been thinking recently. Right now, the ship system in a game in totally wrong state. Just 2,5 playable ships, with free design, with all those impossible louvers, shotguns etc.

What ship system would be perfect for me?

No more free building on ships. 

ZqcUhSe.jpg

Let it be just way more ships instead. Let there be whole 6 classes of ships, and Player need special skills to sail each class.

6 class will be:
Tartan
Barkas
Week, small, good for local journeys.

5 class:
Barque
Sloop
Lugger
Good for scouting missions and fast delivery of small valuable cargoes,

4 class:
Schooner
Barquentine
Brigantine
Brig
Snow
Fluyt
Great for trading and fast travel and local small battles. Cheap enough to solo and small company players.

3 class:
Caravel
Pinnace
Carrack
Galleon
Corvette
Xebec
Polacca
Here are the fastest and the biggest trading and cargo ships here. Nice firepower also.

2 class:
Navio
East Indiaman
Heavy Galleon
Frigate
Heavy Frigate
For most dangerous sea battles with strong and powerful enemies

1 class:
Warship
Linen Ship
Perfect sailing fortress, great firepower. Perfect for dangerous battles in the squadron or siege heavy ground fortresses.

So 24 type of ships in total.

Of course there must be some individuality and customization put in the ships, but I see it the different way than it is now. We build ship skeleton as it is now. We put planks or gunports there. There are also top deck gunports like this.

VJUPRXx.jpg

WE CAN PUT GUNS JUST IN GUNPORTS and few swivels to top deck. And NO MORE FREE BUILDING like louvers, tower, celling armor etc. 

There are BLOCK we also build (like we build planks, decks etc.) and put inside of ship.

There are a lot different type of blocks.

Cargo block – so we put there all cargo we got.
Captain block – so we have bed, treasure chest in our ship.
Crew block with beds so we can hire crew (without one they just nowere to sleep).
Supply block with cocking place, fresh water, some boxes for food, some repairment boxes etc. Anything you need to survive during journey.
Ammunition block with bullets, cannonballs etc.
For example Ice block so we could catch some rare fish and meat and carry it for sale. Guests block so we carry VIP NPCs and another players. Workshop so we could put smithy, mortar and prestige there. And some more – there are a lot of ideas any1 can come up with.

mMPhYTJ.jpg

Each ship have limited block spaces. Gunports also take some place and only we decide will it be trading ship with huge cargo space inside, and no crew. Or heavy war machine for battles.

And of course each block have it’s own unique look. Crew block – like square room with 4 beds etc. You have to maintain them. There are a lot ways for different block/gunport/guns cosmetic (so we will have a lot of ways to earn them).

And finally. We build our ship. Paint it. Put any cosmetic we want. Then we save the design and store it in some papers. And after long dangerous journey we back in to port, put ship in to repairment dock, put there our design, got all resources and paint we need and repair it (with hammer ourselves or one click but then repairment would take some time).

That’s the ship system I personally would love to see in my perfect sailing game.

• Like 1