MisterMyztik

NPC contesting (securing) claim flags

I could have sworn at some stage I read that the ability of NPCs to contest a claim was being removed. Does anyone know if this is planned at all?

On PvE an inactive crew will retain an island even after the 10day claim expiration due to their NPC crew members being within the radius of the flag as they count as contesting crew for the defending of a flag. If the npcs are secured behind walls and unreachable this results in a relatively permanent island claim as food is being directly placed into the flag via the tax system.

Is the only option to claim an island on PvE now (which has NPC crew inside the radius) to wait until a flag runs out of gold upkeep?

This system is far far far worse than the original systems were for PvE.

First come, first serve. Everyone else be damned.

4 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

I could have sworn at some stage I read that the ability of NPCs to contest a claim was being removed. Does anyone know if this is planned at all?

On PvE an inactive crew will retain an island even after the 10day claim expiration due to their NPC crew members being within the radius of the flag as they count as contesting crew for the defending of a flag. If the npcs are secured behind walls and unreachable this results in a relatively permanent island claim as food is being directly placed into the flag via the tax system.

Is the only option to claim an island on PvE now (which has NPC crew inside the radius) to wait until a flag runs out of gold upkeep?

This system is far far far worse than the original systems were for PvE.

First come, first serve. Everyone else be damned.

Place your flag somewhere Else where no NPCs are. You Dont Need to Place your flag into the radius if the current one.

Unfortunately that makes no difference. If anyone, NPC or otherwise, is in the radius of the existing flag the flag will not lower. The defending flag works significantly differently to the contesting flag.

Edited by MisterMyztik

But then it is Other Players that interrupt the claim And Not the NPCs.  Just Need them to go out the Radius Which Most ppl do if asked unless they Want to claim the Island too.

I dont think you understand the system I'm afraid.

If there is an NPC (ANY NPC) in the circle of the flag belonging to the current island owner, it will be permanently contested and the flag will NEVER lower.

Therefore, if the island owner has npcs within the flag radius, regardless of their activity, it can not be contested until the npcs are removed (mutiny & death). The island needs to run out of gold and berries completely for that to occur. Berries of course will never run out if anyone at all is visiting the island ... so its the island gold upkeep that needs to expire before you can contest if they have npcs in the radius.

9 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

I dont think you understand the system I'm afraid.

If there is an NPC (ANY NPC) in the circle of the flag belonging to the current island owner, it will be permanently contested and the flag will NEVER lower.

Therefore, if the island owner has npcs within the flag radius, regardless of their activity, it can not be contested until the npcs are removed (mutiny & death). The island needs to run out of gold and berries completely for that to occur. Berries of course will never run out if anyone at all is visiting the island ... so its the island gold upkeep that needs to expire before you can contest if they have npcs in the radius.

It only contests if it is within your radius And Not the Island owners flag.  I understand the System very well as we just claimed an Island yesterday. The flag still had 100k berries and 10k Gold in it, aswell as. NPCs in the flag radius

On 11/29/2019 at 1:46 AM, zottel said:

It only contests if it is within your radius And Not the Island owners flag.  I understand the System very well as we just claimed an Island yesterday. The flag still had 100k berries and 10k Gold in it, aswell as. NPCs in the flag radius

I absolutely stand corrected. I came back tonight and tried placing my flag outside of their flag radius which worked. 

Thank you for the tip 🙂