Sign in to follow this  
Faiyth

Seagulls sink ships

Since the crew limit update a wild seagull flying by landing on your ship will sink it as they are being counted as crew. 

• Thanks 1

This has been happening for a while, not just since the last crew limit update. It's not that big a deal... until it's an alpha seagull, lol. There should be something you can do to "shoo" them away. I know the simple solution is to just have creatures not count as crew if they're not tamed, but then companies could have massive amounts of tames on their ships just by temporarily unclaiming them.

22 hours ago, Dochollyhood said:

This has been happening for a while, not just since the last crew limit update. It's not that big a deal... until it's an alpha seagull, lol. There should be something you can do to "shoo" them away. I know the simple solution is to just have creatures not count as crew if they're not tamed, but then companies could have massive amounts of tames on their ships just by temporarily unclaiming them.

I've said this many times ( maybe more in my head and yelling at the screen) that a wild animal should not count as crew. In fact, animals should not count as crew period. They (tamed animals) should count toward weight, so we don't have "arks" of ships sailing around.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's ridiculous. You can put thousands and thousands of resources on your ship but a bloody chicken or seagull sinks it! There shouldn't even be a 'crew count'. Every NPC crewman or animal should have a 'weight count'. I'm certain if you built a wacking great gallion in real life and put 100 men on it, it wouldn't sink. The devs have, maybe, created the 'crew count' to stop people going over the top and having huge numbers of crew on your ship. Surely, though, the gold cost of having crew would be enough to disuade people from putting excessive amounts of crew on their ships?

On saying all that, though, there is one very easy solution to preventing a lone bird from landing on your ship and sinking it. Allocate a couple of points on 'Crew', ie if your max crew is 16, put 2 extra points on 'crew'. That way 2 birds would have to land on your ship at the same time to sink it...never gonna happen.

Edited by CRAIG

I can see the reason for having a crew count, if there wasn't you'd have companies put 50 people on a raft and sail in and attack another ship or base... so a crew limit helps prevent that scenario. But tames shouldn't count and definitely not wild creatures

I thought that loose lips sink ships? Or was that just ww2 propaganda?

Edited by Whitehawk

On 12/3/2019 at 5:59 PM, Geminia_Sierra said:

I can see the reason for having a crew count, if there wasn't you'd have companies put 50 people on a raft and sail in and attack another ship or base... so a crew limit helps prevent that scenario. But tames shouldn't count and definitely not wild creatures

That's why I suggested NPC's having a 'weight' stat...Besides, you could just assign points to you ships 'Crew' stat.

Edited by CRAIG