Sign in to follow this  
brazus

Breeding?

Anyone figured out how to breed horses yet? If you Have please explain how you did it. Thanks!

If you have not played ARK yet, they I would recommend starting with their tutorial, on their Wiki. Likely the process is 75% the same, maybe more.

Breeding on ARK Survival Evolved Wiki

The really short description:

• Put a male and female into a pen (optional, but really the only smart choice)
  • Set them both to Wander in behavior options
  • Watch their "love meters"
  • Wait for message saying that the female is pregnant (some species may drop eggs. Not horses, last I checked)
  • Keep her fed through gestation. Pregnant mammals eat twice what they normally do and any starvation will end the pregnancy.
  • Claim the baby, keep it fed, wait for it to mature.

have you tried mating in atlas yet? I am going to venture you have not, when you try and mate horses there is a condom indicator above their heads. If you know how to mate then please respond with something that is useful. Thanks to anyone with real answer.

Not able to mate wolves either. Set male & female on wander. I didn't get any indicator above them for breeding. Only trough and mate boost indicators

I haven't tried not spamming stay put whistle. Just dawned on me this might be the reason. I should be home from work in a few hours ill test and report back if it works. 

When you look at the animal you want to breed - On it's main box menu it will say enable wander to breed. If it doesn't state this, then you're unable to breed the animal in question.

nvm got it. wont post what we did, all comments in this thread where not helpful at all.

I was pretty clear that I was describing how ARK worked for anyone reading this thread, including you, in the hope that those who hadn't could start there. Surely that was helpful for someone, if not you.

Obviously no one knew 100% how to do this when you asked. So we collaborated with speculation.

And now you want to punish those interested in this thread because our speculation was wrong? Disappointing.

• Like 1

anyone that know how to breed chickens? any way to change their "environment" they seem a bit unhappy about it but say they are "ready to mate" and are on wandering

On 12/28/2018 at 11:48 AM, brazus said:

nvm got it. wont post what we did, all comments in this thread where not helpful at all.

This dude is an ass! Everyone was trying to help.