Salty Jack

Lowering a foundation

I could have sworn I had lowered foundations in the past using pillars like back in ark.... 

loaded the game back up and started building a base on the Blackwood stand-alone map.... 

cant get a foundation to lower....

were we ever able to lower foundations in Atlas or have I just gotten my wires crossed?....

I don't ever remember being able to sink foundations in ATLAS.  Best I've been able to do is use a slightly lower spot to start in and use thatch foundations to kind of "walk" it over to the area that I want to build in.  Not to much though, because if you sink the foundation too much it'll clip and start reporting that it's "obstructed" which I REALLY wish they would toggle off or reduce the clipping limit.  It takes a lot of fussing, placing, picking up, remaking ... but eventually you can get it.

I'll take not being able to lower foundations so long as I can stack foundations. Being able to stack foundations eliminates so many problems I had building in Ark. Sinking Foundations also created other problems, and you couldn't sink more than one without it being linked to the pillar needed to sink it. Your best bet is to play around with stacking Thatch foundations until you get the look your after. So long as you still have one placed you can demo and replace all the rest. Also, in case you didn't know, you can place a Square Foundation on top of a Triangle Foundation, and if your familiar with Ark than you know Triangle Foundations are far more forgiving when it comes to clipping.