Sign in to follow this  
Sydhart

New Way to Grief

Sent in a ticket about this with no response so I'm going to share a fantastic way to grief others. We all know a foundation has a fairly short decay timer right? Well, if you want to truly be an asshole, you can stick a cheap storage box on top and effectively triple the decay timer on it. Even if the foundation is demolish-able, you can't do it as long as the storage chest is on it. So for 30+ days you can block someone from making any kind of building or expanding their base. 

Just sharing this because it needs to be fixed but no one seems to care.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Sent in a ticket about this with no response so I'm going to share a fantastic way to grief others. We all know a foundation has a fairly short decay timer right? Well, if you want to truly be an asshole, you can stick a cheap storage box on top and effectively triple the decay timer on it. Even if the foundation is demolish-able, you can't do it as long as the storage chest is on it. So for 30+ days you can block someone from making any kind of building or expanding their base. 

Just sharing this because it needs to be fixed but no one seems to care.

wall hooks on pillars work well too. you can put a torch or lantern on there to remind people of your asshatery

Some ppl just love to Grief, so they find another way if this one get fixed. Guess so far ive been Lucky. Had 3 foundations + bed blocking where i Wanted to Build And all of them were removed by their owner.  But an easier fix would be to Allow many beds close to each Other for the Discovery beds. 

• Like 1

Or just destroy them. Unless your playing PvE, in witch case......maybe you dont want to be a pirate? So get along and accept the other zookeeper sim fans?

I noticed this as soon as they changed the way foundations worked, I noticed foundations said demolish even with just a bed or box and you could not demolish it, been around for awhile. I didn't say anything incase people cottoned on to the idea you mention for griefing.

As for the tickets, I don't think they even bother half of the time, I know a few people have said they have had issues fixed but I think that is just relating to getting locked out of accounts or being stuck somewhere. If I remember correctly, Jat had said on stream that "we won't be looking into tickets regarding griefing, we have other more important things to be doing at this time but maybe sometime in the future we will get around to this."  Not word for word but along those lines.

It can be frustrating when you come up against these griefers, I like to solve things amicably but failing that as a last resort I'm not going to lie but it comes down to fighting fire with fire hoping they get fed up but can be time consuming at the same time. 

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I noticed this as soon as they changed the way foundations worked, I noticed foundations said demolish even with just a bed or box and you could not demolish it, been around for awhile. I didn't say anything incase people cottoned on to the idea you mention for griefing.

As for the tickets, I don't think they even bother half of the time, I know a few people have said they have had issues fixed but I think that is just relating to getting locked out of accounts or being stuck somewhere. If I remember correctly, Jat had said on stream that "we won't be looking into tickets regarding griefing, we have other more important things to be doing at this time but maybe sometime in the future we will get around to this."  Not word for word but along those lines.

It can be frustrating when you come up against these griefers, I like to solve things amicably but failing that as a last resort I'm not going to lie but it comes down to fighting fire with fire hoping they get fed up but can be time consuming at the same time. 

They are actually quite fast dealing with griefers when Reported.

20 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Or just destroy them. Unless your playing PvE, in witch case......maybe you dont want to be a pirate? So get along and accept the other zookeeper sim fans?

ATLAS is big enough to hold many types of playing styles, the real problem is the game has no internal content structure wich makes the gameplay a shitfest for everyone.