Sign in to follow this  
Infernus

Balance needed

After playing pvp for some time and being raided and attacked by several boats , i noticed that blueprints are everything on the game. and blueprints cannot be completed easily unless you are on a clan with a lot of active players. top clans control the areas where mythical creatures spawn and by instance they have the best gear and level ,ive seen a mythical galleon full of people raid a base and take damage from ,50 mortars and more than 300 direct hits ,and still be able to sink all of their anchored ships and leave.

To some this is perfectly normal , but honestly this is out of balance  , being abke to replace so many planks also deems fights unrealistic , and always to the disadvantage of lower level players.

Im not saying is the fault of the big clans.

There is just need of a balance   , limit of planks that can be used per time . Or the amount of resources you can take per boat class. 

Maybe make blueprints not require materials to craft. that way new players can actually have good things rather than just certain groups of players that can play and farm all day.  Luck should always be a factor on a game. Not only farm. Farm. farm.

more than a salty comment this is a way to express that a change is needed, i am sure after a while only large clans will prevail and new or lonely players will be eventually pushed to pve and eventually leave the game.

but it always looks bad for the new players who dont have a chance   , on a game there should always be a luck factor, it kinda feels bad when someone can control your fate with the snap of their fingers.

Some balance probably is needed here, but requiring the different mats is balance at the same time.  I think they should scale back all the bps a little and put ranges on them that makes sence like prim bp= 100-110% boosted, ramshackle =120-130%.. ect. NORMALIZE them a bit. However I will also say that bps arent everything in the ship fights.  I'm just gonna say I've looked at the skills and can do math. 

You can beat mythical with primitive stuff, just nobody can actually coordinate the meta ship fighting strategy. 

However if bps didnt require mats, people would use a prim schooner to make a mythical gally in a few hours. 

Also another tip for them not being able to snap their fingers and destroy you, a brig under 20% weight ,or a schooner under 30% will almost always be faster than anyone else's fighting ships, as long as you use speed sails. So you can always retreat to Freeport if your light. 

Edited by Mike L