Sign in to follow this  
digitus78

Invisible whales?

Anyone else having a issue with whales not rendering until your on top of them?  Sunk my whaler looking for one last night.  Did not see it just damage numbers then ship sank.  Came back to salvage and seen the whale few hundred yards off.

11 hours ago, digitus78 said:

Anyone else having a issue with whales not rendering until your on top of them?  Sunk my whaler looking for one last night.  Did not see it just damage numbers then ship sank.  Came back to salvage and seen the whale few hundred yards off.

Yes. One rendered right in front of me last week. Lost a brig.

"Old bug, rare at least." 

Rare = no one is playing during the time of prewipe because the game chased everyone away because of its many issues it was having and not being taking care of.

So if no one playing and it happens to the few does make it rare?

Now we have more people playing the game and it seems it is happening more often. Maybe this needs to be looked at.

This also happen to my Son's ship prewipe  and I think it needs to be addressed, the bug been around to long.

It is an ood bug, only rare if the server is running well. As soon as it statts to desync what happens is the physical location of the whale and its actual hitbox are in two locations. So sometimes you might "hit" an invisible whale, but its actually a whale somewhere nearbys hitbox. If you hit the whale it resets the hitbox, but there is literally no way to see it till you hit it sadly.