Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

NOt being able to connect is really starting getting to me

OK, I've been there where I connect day after day without any problems, but lately.

I have 2 laptops, 3 desktops, and 3 different accounts for Atlas (ya I bought it 3 X). For quite awhile I've been getting the "Host Pending Connection Timeout" and theย  "Network failure Message" . I get it at home on all my computers and laptops. I recently traveled to Memphis and used both my laptops and had the same thing. It seems very sporadic, sometimes you can connect and other times you cant. Change accounts, reset router, restart computer, nothing works. Even tried the dozens of online suggestions, without any luck.ย 

Tried logging in to other servers, and sometimes it works and sometime it does not. Comcast test and other normal internet functions are fine, the only common thread it Atlas. Now when I try to join logging in under "Join online", when the map comes up I get "no sessions found" so I search again and one or two servers grids show up. Sometimes even not all 4 types of games show up, maybe only the PVP NA will.

I have tried so many things with so many variations of problems it's really becoming a big problem. I just did a speed test from Denver to Colorado Spring with 325 Mbps d/l and 12 Mbps upload. Ping of 11ms. I dont believe its my internet speed that causing the timeouts.

When you submit a ticket on it, it never gets resolved.ย  I know I'm not alone on this, and like I said at the beginning there are many that have no problems at all. Seems like too many variables to figure out whats going on unless your a network engineer.

If you try to get help from steam, it just refers you back to Grapeshot. With over 2100 hrs on Atlas and over 6600 hours on Ark., I'm finally asking for help.

If I have to post an update everyday I can not connect, this is going to be a long thread. In the past, changing the router fixed the problem, most likely by changing the IP address. One post mentioned some block IP addresses after multiple attempts to connect. Don't know if that's what going on or not. The game worked on my main desktop computer before I left town a month ago. I come back and nothing. The laptop that worked fine in Memphis, now connects but is so lag-ey that the game is unplayable here in Colorado.

I have Comcast coming out this afternoon at a risk of a service call, to change the modem out.

It's either my computers, the game files on the computer, Comcast service, or the grapeshot servers. Since other gamers are able to play would seem to indicate its not grapeshot, however, why would my internet service be fine surfing but won't work the game ? Again I'm leaning toward some type of networking issue, and open to any suggestions.

Had that for a while And using a VPN fixed it for me. After a while i was able to Play Without again. Also try creating a new Charakter on the EU Server if u Play NA or the Other way around.

Still not playing and by the looks of the posts, Iโ€™m not alone. Only grapeshot can solve this problem.ย