Udam

opinions Your Ideas For Atlas!

Ok so heres a Few weapon, Bombs , Ranged Weapons, armor and a special weapons!  

one handed:

Dager: Holds two of them while they do low damage they have a Very fast attack speed and with a Few moves you can do a Bleed effect, once you do a special move they will have a very strong bleed effect!

Boarding Axe (tier 3): able to disarm shields, go through some armor, able to break through wooden buildings somewhat easily, and is stronger then the Cutlass but much slower to uses. with a Special move you are able to lowers someone/things damage resistance for the cost of stamina. needs alloyed! 

Two handed!

Pike: Able to do special move that's like a Charge attack , kinda like a Bayonet!

Long Sword: (tier 2) while not as strong as a Mace it can do quit a Punch!  able to due a Smiler move with the Cutlass but its larger and dose a Bit more damage, its lower to uses but it strong!

Mace: needs alloyed!

Archery:

Longbow: Basically a compowen bow from ark but with a very nice Look of wood and metal, takes longer to charge but does more damage and has a Slight Armor Penetration!

Harpoon Gun: (update) has a Natural Bayonet able to melee attacks , can uses on land but not as good as in the water!

Guns:

Harmonica Rifle: A rifle with 5 shots, Very Slow reload , ok damage but ever good for battle. until you have to reload!   

Blunderbuss Canister Shot   Shot: like how the Swivel Cannon has this ammo! the Blunderbuss can have its own version but its weaker! its longer to reload but does very Nice damage!

Bombs!

Fire Bomb! like Greek fire but in a Jar and it can Rekt stuff up!

Stink bomb: able to disorientate enemies, tames and NPCs to have blurry vision, loses stamina and Food! and slowly drains Health!

Brawling

Cat claws: these sharp claws are weapons are GREAT! for tearing flesh and can hit Fast with them! can do a Special move to attack with a Very deadly Slashes that cause Bleed!

Gauntlets: these things Hit like a Turtle shell being flung at you by a Catulpte. needing alloyed to make, the gauntlets are the heavy weapon for Brawlers and if you do a Special move! you Knock down a lot of their resistance.

Special weapons:

Whips: acts the same as they do in ark!

Cat of Nine tails: A super wipe that does more damage can can even cause bleed.

Armor! (this may be controversial)

Metal amor: made with raw metals , Hide and  Keratinoid. this is much different (you will see why and may not like)

this armor looks like Musketeer armor or  spanish conquistador armor but the metal looks kinda rusty in a way since its raw metal (armor is 45 each)

Plated armor (y'all may kill me for this)

change the recipe to aloyed , Hide , Oil ,  Keratinoid and Fiber! but the armor value changed form 45 per part, to 75 per part!

Desert Cloth: looks like a Nice leather plated armor with Silky parts with a Turban on the face to protect you from the heat 

same value as Fur but keeps you cool rather then warm! (needs, Hide , plant fiber , oil and Organic paste)

Spells! (yeah we going into the crazy zone!)

mythos doesn't really have many uses so this is what it can be used for! found in a New perk tree! "Art of Magic" and this skill is Costly 

(these spells can only be used with special Gloves with bracelet , and a few rings, these aren't a early game thing, they are a Mid tier game,)

for basic spells you need a Special powder made from "bones , stones , crystals ,oil and gems!" but the very strong spells need mythos!

the magic powder takes more but you can change it to mythos to have stronger base attacks and able to do special moves! 

Wind spell: (Color Grey): can uses wind to blast to knock back a bit but damage them with winds that pick up dust , sand etc!

Base: small wind blast that can knock people back a bit

Base 2: Longer blast of wind hits you!

heavy: Able to blast stuff back around you and dose damage in a AOE attack

Special Spell that makes a Tornado that does more damage and can damage buildings!

Water spell: (color: dark blue): water dose damage to people and lowers armor values a bit!, moves!

Base: A water blast a basic blast of water!  

Base 2: a wave of water appears to damage and knock people back, 

AOE move that allows you or anyone in the circle to breath underwater and have water animals attack you less!

Special move: able to summon a Large amount of rain that damages people and floods boats slowly!

earth spell: able to Control earth!

Base: Able to fire Summon rocks from the ground in a Shotgun Blast!

base 2: able to summon vines from the ground to damage people:

Heavy: Able to heal people or yourself (depends on Medicine skill)

Special: able to make a Earthquake near you that slowly damages foundations and people

Lighting spell: (color purple) able to shoot LIGHTING from your hands! (cost more) (need Wind spell)

Base: a Lighting blast! (can't stun)

base 2: a Shotgun Blast of lighting (doses less damage but good for bigger targets) 

heavy: able to do a AOE were if anything gets close it will get zapped

special move: Able to Summon lighting from the Sky that doses Heavy damage (can stun but has a cooldown) cost ALOT!

Ice spell:(color Light Blue) able to control the polar wind to your will! (cost more)(need Water spell)

base: able to Fire a Ice Ball that slows targets down and damages them!

base 2: Able to fire a Ice shard that goes through targets 

Heavy: a large Blast of Cold Wind that slows and damages enemies!

Special: able to fire a Ice tornado that slowly freezes enemies into place and doses damage!

Fire spell: Able to fire well FIRE! (cost more)(need earth)

Base: Shoot a blast of fire!

Base 2: able to blast fire like a Dragon!

Heavy: A Shotgun blast of fire balls that does lower damage but the fire does a TON!

special: able to fire a piece of Magma that blows up like a bomb and sets enemies on fire! 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, Elmo said:

I've always felt the devs would have to introduce some sort of faction system to straighten out the large clan/small clan/solo power separation that exists.  Havn't played for a while, but, it was always the mega clans rolling over the smaller clans and there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it.  Or Small clan/solo messing with the wrong smaller clan and they call in their multi clan alliance to wipe you.  It's just not sustainable and the join or die logic opens up a new kind of suck for smaller groups and solos.  As has taken place since release, the small clans/solos will diminish and it will be 2-3 large alliances that have to sail for many hours to get a fight.   

I could go on, but, the power gap was pretty much why I quit playing.  Sailing was a lost cause to due to enemy ships having planks, sails and cannons being so over powered one good volley or harpoon and that was all she wrote .... another fresh built ship at the bottom of the sea.  Land game was pretty much the same thing.  Blueprinted gear at max levels with Health at 600+ is really rough for a solo/small clan to deal with.  Unless you have 20 guys out farming SotD and Maps you just don't have a chance.  Smart play only goes so far.  I know ...... boo hoo, it's an MMO.  If this isn't how the devs intended the game to be played it wouldn't be this way.

To show some love to the solos I thought a bounty hunter class (for lack of a better word) would have been cool.  As bounty hunters were historically loner solo types they would be factionless and allianceless.  Red to everyone if you will.  Perhaps some bonus attributes, weapons and/or building benefits to make it interesting.  You know just a solo option. 

Iv seen that alot of people are asking for Factions.

so to add on to that, i may do one to 

keep up the discussion! 

I'm not bothered either way on factions but it would be more realistic for pyrates to be robbing someone other than more pyrates. I mean you could have for instance, Pyrate, then  trade ie east indiaman company, and royal navy, each with different ships and buffs. And a personal use peace flag would be good too, for parley situations.

• Like 2

Hot zones:  Every 2 hours a random zone is elected the hot zone.  When this happens there is a server wide announcement specifying which zone is hot.  Also if possible the map shows which grid is the current hot zone.

This zone has increased SoTD spawn rates at higher levels, increased BP and gold drops for SoTD and shipwrecks.  Also maps for this zone become boosted during this time increasing gold and BP drops.  Maybe increase high level wild creatures (more level 30 spawns) as well so the breeders have something to look for. 

This will increase zone and sailing traffic in and around these areas as everyone looks to cash in on bonanza.  This should increase sea combat as people look to profit off of these events. 

I stole this directly from Shadowbane.  I loved this game mechanic.  You could profit from this greatly and also always guaranteed a good fight. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

You know what I've been thinking of?

As far as we've got battle tames, what if instead of riding one and make it bite the enemies we do "knight style" tames. So we use bull, bear or horse for that. We create some heavy armor for them, then use long lance or other melee to fight ahorse. Other battle tames use as pets to fight along us, but not like we riding em and they bite.

Elephant saddle could be used to attach some ranged also... : )

• Like 1

Before Atlas was released, watching the trailer, it did appear that maybe factions would be a thing. We saw what looked like some official type army, like possibly the British army and then pirates. If they had created a faction system around at least those two, that would have been cool. I can see now that would be way too ambitious, so instead they just used the existing system of tribes (called companies) for Atlas. We may still get it some day, hard to know.

• Like 1

here's a few ideas for the Free port!

Traders/markets!  a small area with tents and traders that will have a Ever changing list of items to buy! from Loot , Bps , Resources , armor , weapons etc!

Bars/taverns: a Place to buy tons of beer, ale and wine! and some food that is not great but its better then nothing! Music is in the Air with some People with instruments. and games being played like Cards, poker , Blackjack! , Darts! and all other fun Pirate games (some can get you into a Fight though)  and rarely in the bar you can find a Rare taskmaker , Trader or a NPC to have for hire!

Recruiter: same but with a few qualities. Untrained: they can only uses melee weapons and do basic task, like Work on your farms , Cannons, Work as Miners etc! only cost 5 coins, or AOTD ships!

then trained:  these people can work with everything from guns , crossbows , torpedos , level up faster, stronger and are more valued! however they cost more to have and to buy them you need 50 coins, or get them from destroying AOTD ships! 

Taskmaker: Can Buy Quest from bounties, Trading Runs , Hunt the beast! , destroy ship! , Recover item/loot, Treasure chest , Destroy a pirate or AOTD camp!! some quest cost more then others but they will pay you with more gold and items!

Mages: the people who work with the the Dark arts of magic! they work kinda like a Taskmaker but the quest are different! like Rover special item like Tiger claws , mythos , Squid Ink! etc, Bring back Skull of warlocks from AOTD, Bring Cursed Books or items, Bring back power stones!  and they will Bless you with Special effects , gold or loot!

Arena makers: Send you into a Arena where you can choose either fight with your items or fight with items given! and you have to fight stuff like pirates and animals for money and glory!

• Like 1

My Idea for ATLAS:

Announce Full Release, make some more quick money further abandon the game. Move onto a new development studio with a new name and same people and make a brand spanking reskinned game survival game.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

My Idea for ATLAS:

Announce Full Release, make some more quick money further abandon the game. Move onto a new development studio with a new name and same people and make a brand spanking reskinned game survival game.

Yargh matey. Don't be a party-pooper.

This community seems to like the game, but I do see your argument. 

If they can fix their game and make it their own within the next year, I'll be a lot happier.

• Like 1

That's a really big IF. There really hasnt been anything substantial added to the game since single player was added to pander to that crowd. Theyre sidetracked with console and potentially other projects, the core game is constantly sidelined by B.S.

The whole game is a patchwork of random things made to look like a game. It's completely soulless. There isnt any reason for any of the things, like why subs, torpedoes, etc are gated behind bossfights, all the additional stat/progression boosts are gated behind trivial mundane tasks. Ships have minimal customization, your whole existence in the game revolves around land, animals for farming and bases.

Having and sailing ships and hoping you encounter other players is just a perk at this point.  Ships have no value for a decent company, most with bears and elephants, rhinos can farm out the resources to create numerous ships every single day. A ship lost is just meh, I'll have another on efully built and kitted out in 30min.

This game needs to take a note from EVE Online, have a core region, core faction where there is a sense of "safety" where the carebears can carebear it up, have bounties, trading, contact missions, etc.

And the further away you get from that region, the more lawless it gets, the resources arent as scarce, you have rarer resources that actually have specific uses that make them worth fighting for if it is controlled. That would give people who want to war and PVP incentive to have and control resources for personal use and trade, it would give an actual avenue for casual players to exist in a PVP world without too much care for getting sunk, but still the possibility of it, and give incentives for activities beyond just farming resources and SODS where you can actually spend substantial amounts of time on the water actually doing something worthwhile gain.

That takes work and planning and isnt feasible for this group of Devs if they cant just CTRL+V features.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oof im looking back at all these ideas i made. man!

well at least they have a suggestion area. that's s good! 

Although i have not played atlas in... *looks at watch* sense last year! I still fully support the game :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Udam said:

Oof im looking back at all these ideas i made. man!

well at least they have a suggestion area. that's s good! 

Although i have not played atlas in... *looks at watch* sense last year! I still fully support the game :)

Wish the game tried more honestly. SP is still broke AF, and so are your "i"s

hahaha good times

My game idea suggestion. Give players a way to port the character/s between game servers.  Let’s just face it, it doesn’t matter at what time you start into the game, there will always be many players wildly in higher lvls than you. Each time you start in new game server you always have to start from scratch.

What would be nice is let’s say you’ve been playing in the pve servers from day one made all kinds of progress.  Than day you decide you want to try you luck pvp.  Why spend half of your character life getting stomped on by the more advanced players when you can port you character development progress right over.  Granted you will still have to build your bases and etc, from scratch  but at least you have all of your current skills and blueprints already unlocked. So you can go right to work with figuring out the best places to setup your base, and you already have the sufficient skill to crank out your favorite ship designs.. Grant all of this will still take time and any players who discover you will still try to stomp all over you but at least after they do you would have an easier opportunity to return fire.  And go to war with them.  

I think I for one would love to be able to port character progress back and forth between pvp and pve. Instead of starting at barebones each time you join a new game server...