Udam

opinions Your Ideas For Atlas!

AHOY!

tell me your ideas for the game, it can be any Kind from items to biomes! 

it can be serious or Silly! 

and it can be as long as you want!!!

Side Note: Feel free to talk to each other about your ideas! no matter how good or bad 

just keep it Civil 🙂

Edited by Udam

i think currents and trade-winds should be top priority.

for me. delete 90% of tames and use those resources to make more ships / real npc ships (not the silly ghost ship things)

• Like 4

Factions -

Make 4-8 factions (e.g. swashbucklers, corsairs, imperials) and make a small cluster of zones for each faction as starter zones and safe areas. Everything else is lawless, golden age ruins, etc

PvP faction objectives, add garrison control points in Lawless and the faction that controls them get specialized quests from outposts (like obtain a cyclops eye or hydra blood) and can access specialized vendors there (for cosmetics) 

Rewards or at least some reason for PvP. Kill so many players of the Swashbuckler factions

Combining PvP and PvE systems into the same game. This can be done by making factions!

Freeports -

This is where you can turn in quests from the special quests obtained from the control point garrisons above 

Centralized vendor systems - an auctioneer type system like WoW. 

Animals pens you can purchase bred animals from

Quality of Life-

Being able to move great quantities of resources from one container to another container without popcorning 

Fast travel - once you've been to a Freeport you can charter a guide to let you fast travel between them. Make Freeports every 15 zone square or so. That way you still have to sail but can save a crap ton of time. 

• Like 6

Updated!

More NPC "classes" for both army of the damned and Pirates 

like some that uses knuckles , some uses only bombs etc

On PVE or Single player NPC's pirates or damned can attack your island base!

More Shops at Freeports! like some for resources , items , guns ship parts. some sell very special ship parts etc 

New animals like gorillas , komodo dragons , giant man eating toads , Leopard's , Coyotes/hyenas , gators , normal sharks , deer , Giant beetles , Hippos , Anacondas , GIANT BATS! , GIANT ELS as big as a Mosa , Seals! Sea monsters like the "loch ness monster and  Big lobsters. walrus , Killer whales 

some sea only resources

Damned Camps: some islands could be claimed by the damned! and the island could have damned animals that act like a hive mind!

Enemies forts! these are large Bases made by pirates or damned and has A TON OF LOOT!

New melee weapons- Dagger: Fast to uses!  can dual wield and can cause Bleed! ,

battle Axe: Able to disable shields and the best one handed weapon!

Long sword: A heavy weapon that's strong and has a nice swing! 

Cat Claws: this Unarmed gloves have Very sharp BLADES like a tiger's claw! and is great for piercing armor 

Heavy gauntlet: these last tier and it has LOT of Raw damage and are very durable 

Ranged weapons!

Longbow: this is basically the compow bow and has metal and bone! also its strong!

Revolving Rifle: this 6 shot rifle is not as strong as a Carbine but has more ammo!

fire Bombs!

New Biomes! Giant Jungle! , Savana , Volcano , Cursed , Mushroom forest , 

NPC's could have Jobs if you make a island base! like miners , lumberjacks , etc!

NPCS on Ships could have more jobs like Chef , repair man etc

New Damned Classes 

Destroyer: he Holds a Gunpowder barrel and he can Blow up walls!

Necromancer: a ghost that Zaps You can can revive the Dead!

Damned animals , pathfinders and Pirates: if any of these die but the damned they turn!

Damned Soul: these guys kinda look like nameless but they dont have tails , have a large Under jaw, and they dont have armor!

but they are in high numbers!

----------

Cursed alturas: These obelisk are basically ODS drops from ARK. but you have to fight the damned!

and you have to fight waves of them from animals cursed to sailors! 

Free Ports!

Salesman: he can sell anything from Resources , weapons , tames , food , armor , ship parts etc for gold! (changes each day)

Fairy man: they can Fast travel you to!- another freeport ,  claimed islands and ships! the cost is more if your heavy!

Mage: able to sell "magical" items to you! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Able to change the look of your ship!

damned theme! Imperial theme Viking theme! Dragon theme and more!

sea creatures attack you when in scuba suit! (only when close)

able to harvest Old ruins , ships and junk around ruins!

example: if you find a old ship weck on a beach you can harvest the anchor and cannons  for forged metals and raw metal!

Forged metal tools!

Magic items: Spells , staffs , and more! (uses mythos)

Mods for weapons like scoops . grips , funnals (for faster reload) and longer barrels. 

Ship Mods!: like a Water wheel thats able to move ship without wind but needs people and its kinda slow  

Armor:

Desert Gear: 35 armor each and helps you in the Heat! 

Karitone armor: 75 Armor each: Able to repair on the go and it looks like its made of shells of turtles , bugs , scales and bones!

Metal armor: 100 armor each: Looks like old musketeer armor but the helmet has no feather and the armor looks kinda rusty

Plated Update: For me it's too easy to get that armor! so here's my idea 

Instead of using raw metal! it uses forged metal with oil to make it but the Armor gives 175 armor per piece!

Pirates will sometimes roam like the army of the damned!

Edited by Udam
updated
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlaneer said:

Just one for me:

FIX. THE. GAME.

That too! mostly 

Edited by Udam

Well i'm quite happy for pve to stay that way so some friendly npc villages would make a nice change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

Just one for me:

FIX. THE. GAME.

Its a beta relax frances

• Like 1

From a Pve opinion id like to see more variety in blueprints we can craft and foods we can prepare along with better quality of buffs, stacks, and decay rate. Would love to see more meshes for ships, building design and decoration similar to what you see in mods like eco does in Ark. Having these blueprints be drops and not skills would give more to enjoy in treasure hunts and more to trade in the community. It would also be nice to see the npc crew get better AI and some personality. Having the prebuilt towns with added npc’s spawn rare npc crew we can recruit would be nice. At sea it be nice to see more activity but it doesn’t need to be ship breaking ruin your day kind of threat more of things to give your npc’s reason to be on guard to handle with small weapons during random occurrences. 

• Like 1

A. Offloading improvements. The increased efficiency leads to greater resource storage, which could actually lead to an actual economy emerging.
    1. A cargo crane that can transfer storage boxes from a special platform on the ship to a cargo cart
    2. Being able to "team" horses to increase speed and carry weight (allowing for them to take an entire ship's cargo in one trip).
    3. A cargo elevator (like the one from ARK).
    4. A wheelbarrow that works as a "saddle" for NPC crew members
   5. Having and actual "pier" object that is anchor point specific. Basically each island has a selection of piers that can be placed (maybe like 12 or so anchor points per island). This           pier could host a lot of options that assist with unloading ships, including some of those listed above.
B. Ability to reduce graphics on Xbox to increase performance
C. More ship types. A catamaran (like a dinghy but with a handling sail and an outrigger), a Man-o-War, a barge (basically a floating storage platform), and an Ark (just a big ol' ship that you can build an alpha base on)
D. Functional jib and spanker sails. Jibs could be specialized to help with handling, speed bursts, tacking, etc. Spankers could be specialized for handling, braking, and reverse.
E. A tame that DIGS!
F. A wheelbarrow that functions as a "saddle" for NPC crew, allowing them to carry more, transport players (rickshaw style), and farm resources (yeah, let them gather on wander).
G. Color the HUD icons to indicate when they are satisfactory (green), low (yellow) and critical (red).
H. Factions. In addition to player alliances (which are not known to the rest of the populace), allow us to join NPC hosted factions like every other MMORPG. There could be faction objectives, various hardpoints that could be captured and change hands, and a greater sense of community on PVP servers.
I. Add ship construction pieces called "Medium/Large Sweep Plank". These would allow the bottom decks to run out NPC and/or player manned oars that could be used to increase speed in any direction, aid in braking and hairpin turns, and help break ships off of sandbars and escaped be becalmed.
J. Visible detection cones for NPC crew, or at least the ability to view them temporarily.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dochollyhood said:

F. A wheelbarrow that functions as a "saddle" for NPC crew, allowing them to carry more, transport players (rickshaw style), and farm resources (yeah, let them gather on wander).

i like that idea 

and maybe if you set a Tax bank you can give npc jobs!

also i think that when they are near a job say " cannon , wheel and sail" a wheel will appear so you can select it! 

like lumberjack , minner , blacksmith , forger , wever  , Hunter , farmer , Craftsman , Guard , fisherman , water worker , chef , salesman , Doc , executioner and repair man!

and on Ships you have repairman , blacksmith ,  forger , kinde , wever , craftsman , fisherman , chef , doc , gunner , sailor and captain 
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dochollyhood said:

I mean.. Conan Exiles did it...

i barely played it 

on my xbox the game ran like crap 

so i didn't get far lol

Moar tames!!!

Or just some developers working on optimization/customising this engine, and some new fucking ships? lol

edit: i like tames, i want to tame a ptera i mean leatherwing thing

edittt:

By Dollie
11/21/2019

We will be releasing a patch this Friday which will change the following: Players and tames belonging to an allied company will now count towards a ship's max crew limit. If you have allied creatures/NPC's/players on your ships you may want to move them prior. 

wtf, did i miss some exploit? lol how long does it take to patch that, and why is that such a prominent notification on the forums and not ingame somehow? how many people will visit the forums before friday or whenever this patch is? 🙂

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, Sydhart said:

Being able to move great quantities of resources from one container to another container without popcorning 

I would love this!

i mostly live on a ship due to the fact that i can't find a place to settle 

and this would make life so much easier 

The creator of the S+ mod for ARK added this so it's already available.  You could go to your smithy and select an item to build, for instance a rifle or a gate, then go through and pull the mats you needed out of your storage containers or from other crafting stations without leaving the smithy interface. Later he added a button that when selected, would just automatically go and pull ALL the resources you needed from the largest quantity. HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME. 

Edited by Sydhart
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

The creator of the S+ mod for ARK added this so it's already available.  You could go to your smithy and select an item to build, for instance a rifle or a gate, then go through and pull the mats you needed out of your storage containers or from other crafting stations without leaving the smithy interface. Later he added a button that when selected, would just automatically go and pull ALL the resources you needed from the largest quantity. HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME. 

THAT would Help out so Much!

heck that should be in ARK as well lol

5 minutes ago, Udam said:

THAT would Help out so Much!

heck that should be in ARK as well lol

I love to build in ARK and ATLAS and once that was introduced into the S+ mod in ARK I stopped playing Official servers and only played private servers that used that mod. This company and game could be SO MUCH more if they'd just pull their heads out of their asses and listened to the community. I would LOVE to see a company make a community driven game where they opened the code and had people build MODS. Hell, they could even pay the mod developer any time it was used in the live servers. It would be so much cheaper to develop a game like that than having a bunch of on staff programmers. That's my vision of what the future will be in game design. Think Ready Player One and the Oasis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I love to build in ARK and ATLAS and once that was introduced into the S+ mod in ARK I stopped playing Official servers and only played private servers that used that mod. This company and game could be SO MUCH more if they'd just pull their heads out of their asses and listened to the community. I would LOVE to see a company make a community driven game where they opened the code and had people build MODS. Hell, they could even pay the mod developer any time it was used in the live servers. It would be so much cheaper to develop a game like that than having a bunch of on staff programmers. That's my vision of what the future will be in game design. Think Ready Player One and the Oasis.

i kinda like atlas building a bit better!

due to the large walls! , sloped doors , stackable foundations etc

I've always felt the devs would have to introduce some sort of faction system to straighten out the large clan/small clan/solo power separation that exists.  Havn't played for a while, but, it was always the mega clans rolling over the smaller clans and there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it.  Or Small clan/solo messing with the wrong smaller clan and they call in their multi clan alliance to wipe you.  It's just not sustainable and the join or die logic opens up a new kind of suck for smaller groups and solos.  As has taken place since release, the small clans/solos will diminish and it will be 2-3 large alliances that have to sail for many hours to get a fight.   

I could go on, but, the power gap was pretty much why I quit playing.  Sailing was a lost cause to due to enemy ships having planks, sails and cannons being so over powered one good volley or harpoon and that was all she wrote .... another fresh built ship at the bottom of the sea.  Land game was pretty much the same thing.  Blueprinted gear at max levels with Health at 600+ is really rough for a solo/small clan to deal with.  Unless you have 20 guys out farming SotD and Maps you just don't have a chance.  Smart play only goes so far.  I know ...... boo hoo, it's an MMO.  If this isn't how the devs intended the game to be played it wouldn't be this way.

To show some love to the solos I thought a bounty hunter class (for lack of a better word) would have been cool.  As bounty hunters were historically loner solo types they would be factionless and allianceless.  Red to everyone if you will.  Perhaps some bonus attributes, weapons and/or building benefits to make it interesting.  You know just a solo option. 

• Like 1

For some reason, there are still more wall type options than ship options. There are more tame options that ship options. There are more melee wep options than ship options. I would like to see a game focused around pirating and sailing rather than zookeepers and architects. For some reason that's what I thought this was when I got it a year ago.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, no new ships because that would require coding, and the wall types are still kinda crappy also. The corners on these stone walls are an eyesore.

The official notification for "this Friday" is supposed to mean this Friday, I am guessing.

• Like 1

I’d like tier 3 cargo saddles that allow you to build a small base up to a percentage of the weight your tame can carry.

No weight reduction needed, like with the tier 2 cargo saddle, as the larger tier 3 tames can already carry a lot. Maybe a smaller 67-75% weight in the smaller tier 3 mounts. Depends on weight of structures that may be exploited, like multiple swivel guns, cannons or ballista.

Smaller tier 3 mounts get a smaller platform to build on with their lower weight.

These would replace the platform saddles from ARK, and you’d have to be careful because they can be damaged more easily.

• Like 1

I'd like the large shipyard scaffolding to be wider so not only will I be able to see what I'm building but I also won't keep falling off.

19 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Unfortunately, no new ships because that would require coding, and the wall types are still kinda crappy also. The corners on these stone walls are an eyesore.

The official notification for "this Friday" is supposed to mean this Friday, I am guessing.

But there are new ships! Look in the mods section. If modders can make new ships there is no excuse except lack of caring or laziness from the Developers. 

Found the thread with one of the new ship designs. 

• Like 1