Sign in to follow this  
CoopedUp

Treasure Map Assist

Hey all,

It's been a few months since I've hung this game on the coat-rack and decided to give it some time to get improved a bit.  However a friend of mine recently picked the game up while it was 70% off and I've been kind of sucked back in and helping show him the ropes.  One of the first things I thought we'd do is gain some levels and gold by doing Treasure Maps and wouldn't you know it, we have a 19.9 quality map for the island right next door.  Let's just say that our attempt at doing it with two decent mid-level tame bears did not end successfully...

Now I know most people would say to get a couple of really nice breed bears or crabs to extract our revenge, but at this point in the game we don't have the gold to buy the quality tames needed for a map of this level.  Guns did absolutely crap against them (maybe 9dmg with a Blunderbuss at point blank), they've been buffed so you can't use grenades, puckles, or swivel guns against them.

So is my only option to do this map that I have to roll in with the quantity and overwhelm them with numbers?  Basically tame up an army of 10 bears/lions and just swarm them when they spawn?  Or is there another solution for doing high quality maps as a small early-stage company that I'm not familiar with?

Assuming the spawn point is not adjacent to other player's structures, you can always unequip the map, and pre-build a wooden structure to subdivide the spawn into cells, then slowly work your way through the rooms you created.

That's actually a really good idea.  I had seen a video of a person fencing a spawn point with sign-posts but that was back before you had to use tames.  Honeycombing the spawn with 1x1 rooms and splitting it into 2-4 manage-able groups is an awesome idea too.  Thanks for the tip, I may try that!

If you can really nail down the center of the spawn point, make an X with two perpendicular walls and then walk your bear around to each quadrant. That way you won't need to waste time tearing down walls until the battle is over. If you don't get it centered you will end up with one room chock full of guys, and the others with just a few stragglers.