Geminia_Sierra

disable WPE after playing single player

I'm in single player, I've been playing with the WPE enabled, but they are so bugged out that I'm probably going to disable them. My question, if/when I disable the WPE, will all islands revert back to lawless? Even the ones that I "control" now?

I disabled them and still get one camp and ship spawn on an island where I only sank one ship, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.

I disabled them and the ones that had already spawned in are still there. I actually claimed one after it was disabled. First one I claimed that wasn’t glitched!

Once you figure out the workarounds for the bugs associated with WPEs,, they really aren't so bad. I've figured out how and why some of the bugs are created and try to prevent a lot of the issues. Basically, if you take over all the camps on an island without logging out or better yet, not CTDing, then most of the bugs will be prevented. What happens when you log out before completely taking over the island is that when you log back in the game super imposes another pirate camp on top of the one that was there in the save file. Any ships associated with that camp will be respawned as well, so if you took the ship out first, then proceeded to the camp, you will have to fight it again upon logging in. So, things are doubled at the camps, and when you finally take the flag, you are only able to raise one of the 2 flags, which only makes one of the camps yours, while the other camp is still locked to you because you can't raise their flag to claim it. In those cases, I use the admin controls and make the camp mine. Its simple, look at an item, a wall or door that is yellow, meaning it doesn't belong to you, hit the tilde key and type givetome, then you can interact with that object, either demolish it or whatever. Only problem with that is that you have to do that with each piece of the pirate camp, which can take a considerable amount of time. Or you can just add yourself to the faction and I guess that would make the whole camp yours, haven't tried that aspect yet.

The real glitches occur if you CTD during the taking over of an island. I've had issues where there were 3 camps super imposed on each other, and I had to fight a galleon that had no sails, or at least, no sails on top of the ship, when I went to demolish the wreck for the resources I found the sails had spawned in reverse, they were on the bottom of the ship. Made it easy killing the ship since it couldn't maneuver and just sat in one place while I pounded it with about 300 cannon balls. I didn't care. I demolish the wrecks and use those resources to repair my ships and make other stuff with, because you can't use those resources for any blueprints, and all the other stuff I farm during my gathering trips is stored off the ship at my base, to be used when I get enough stuff for my mythical or legendary ship that I will build when I get enough resources farmed.

42 minutes ago, Shadow Wolfe said:

Once you figure out the workarounds for the bugs associated with WPEs,, they really aren't so bad. I've figured out how and why some of the bugs are created and try to prevent a lot of the issues. Basically, if you take over all the camps on an island without logging out or better yet, not CTDing, then most of the bugs will be prevented. What happens when you log out before completely taking over the island is that when you log back in the game super imposes another pirate camp on top of the one that was there in the save file. Any ships associated with that camp will be respawned as well, so if you took the ship out first, then proceeded to the camp, you will have to fight it again upon logging in. So, things are doubled at the camps, and when you finally take the flag, you are only able to raise one of the 2 flags, which only makes one of the camps yours, while the other camp is still locked to you because you can't raise their flag to claim it. In those cases, I use the admin controls and make the camp mine. Its simple, look at an item, a wall or door that is yellow, meaning it doesn't belong to you, hit the tilde key and type givetome, then you can interact with that object, either demolish it or whatever. Only problem with that is that you have to do that with each piece of the pirate camp, which can take a considerable amount of time. Or you can just add yourself to the faction and I guess that would make the whole camp yours, haven't tried that aspect yet.

The real glitches occur if you CTD during the taking over of an island. I've had issues where there were 3 camps super imposed on each other, and I had to fight a galleon that had no sails, or at least, no sails on top of the ship, when I went to demolish the wreck for the resources I found the sails had spawned in reverse, they were on the bottom of the ship. Made it easy killing the ship since it couldn't maneuver and just sat in one place while I pounded it with about 300 cannon balls. I didn't care. I demolish the wrecks and use those resources to repair my ships and make other stuff with, because you can't use those resources for any blueprints, and all the other stuff I farm during my gathering trips is stored off the ship at my base, to be used when I get enough stuff for my mythical or legendary ship that I will build when I get enough resources farmed.

I've had all those issues. It's totally a pain in the arse. Sometimes I CTD or get stuck and have to log out or it just takes to long and I have to log off and go to bed. LOL.
I've had up to 8 instances of a camp with the pirates stuck in between the layers. I've had puckles that were doubled up and after knocking the pirate off it, still get shot by it. 

I dislike that the camps are a whole instance. If it spawns in a hill side, it puts half the camp underground. So even if you manage to kill off half the camp and the flag is not underground, you can't capture because the pirates are underground. Which makes you have to use console commands to ghost in and kill things. Just make sure you don't hit the water layer or you'll get stuck in a falling loop and have to log out

I used the "givetome" command until I realized that "kill" demolished the parts and gave me some back. This way I don't have to do two things. It took a long time to go through each piece trying to givetome and demolish so there was only one left. So, I just killed everything demolishing the camp and then rebuild a camp in it's place, unless the area is terribly hilly.

I've decided to disable the WPE last night. The camps on the island I was on and had liberated the camps, still had the flags. I haven't had a chance to look at others yet.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:20 PM, SurvivalBob said:

I disabled them and the ones that had already spawned in are still there. I actually claimed one after it was disabled. First one I claimed that wasn’t glitched!

That's what I found out so far. I disabled WPE and the islands in the area I was in, disappeared. Then I traveled to another zone and the first island I went to had camps. The problem though is the one of the camps was completely underground, far enough to be below the water table. Which means that I couldn't get to it. finally decided it was a pain in the arse and used console commands to destroy all the structures belonging to the WPE and then to destroy all the pirates. Will probably have to do this on every zone I went through and didn't claim camps.

The trouble is the WPE are literally just target practice. You don't really get anything for the effort, you don't get any crew out of it, the guns disappear and you have to repair all the buildings if you want to keep them' or have the hassle of demolishing them all. you get more for less effort in pvp.