Sign in to follow this  
Sydhart

When will renaming ships be fixed?

So the option to rename a ship has been available since launch but still doesn't work. I'd like to be able to rename a ship, especially now that we can unclaim and reclaim them. I'd also like to rename because my buddy finished building our shipping Galleon and named it "Baby got Bass" (a pun from the "Baby got Back" song but with fish..) without first consulting me. I might accidentally drive this onto in the horrid terrain mapping of the Golden Age ruins in O7. LOL

It’s working as intended. You can name your ship when you launch it and even afterwards if you skip the first name, but, the idea is that ships develop an ‘identity’. If you steal a ship then you can’t rename it and people will know that’s their ship. I quite like it. It brings a great element to PvP and makes you think twice about things.

Sounds like the issue is your buddy 😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thalantyr said:

It’s working as intended. You can name your ship when you launch it and even afterwards if you skip the first name, but, the idea is that ships develop an ‘identity’. If you steal a ship then you can’t rename it and people will know that’s their ship. I quite like it. It brings a great element to PvP and makes you think twice about things.

Sounds like the issue is your buddy 😜

Thats the dumbest thing i have ever read a ship is basically an animal it should be able to be renamed...there is no argument on it unless you just make a ship able to be renamed and then put a stamp if who it was built by originally does. You should be able to rename a ship make it a gold cost then