Sign in to follow this  
Skarvig

Map and Bed Bug

Single Player
Patch 401.5 (Rev. Unknown)

I have not been able to identify what causes my ship to not be where I expect it to be on the map, but it has happened a couple of time now

This time, after I died and I tried to re-spawn on my bed on the ship it all went wrong.

I was recording for a video so I have put a commentary of what happened on it.

Basics are, when I tried to re-spawn it left me by my corpse unable to do anything but log out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvESzzwA66w

Same thing happened to me. I respawned, in 1st person, above my body, but was unable to move. I logged out and back in. Told game I wanted to spawn on my ship but game froze. Tried several times, game kept freezing on the map screen every time I selected my ship bed. Knocked the game off and tried again, this time the game didn't freeze but I respawned x2 grids away, on an island. Had to use 'Fly' command to get back to my ship.

This among MANY other things are broken in single player. I'm pretty sure the devs have given up on single player... and probably the whole game

I had a similar incident. I died near my ship, I was investigating an island. But instead of respawning back in my bed on my ship, it got stuck and then it put me in a bed two grids away. I looked on the Company Messages and it said "ship removed" and "bed removed," as the last action. 

i was angry to say the least as I had just dug up 2000 coins in treasure which was on a chest on that ship. I was at a Freeport so I quickly put a Sloop together and in an insane race against the clock made sail back to the island, hoping the chest was there.

The wind was with me and i sighed with relief when I saw the dead body marker. I also saw the ladder to my old ship standing up in the water with my crew bobbing in the water around it. The chest and coin were gone but I was able to recover my stuff from my corpse.

Lesson one, the ship bed is unreliable so any time I stop on an island I'm making a bed immediately (and naming it). Lesson two, make a chest on land and place your gold in it. Don't keep valuables on the ship if you can help it. Also, I am going to try naming the bed as the thought occurred that the system was confused as my ship bed just said "bed" and then it put me in another bed named "bed"

As for the ship, if its a bug and it seems so, I hope they fix it cause if I loose my new Schooner I will be real mad. I did wonder if the ship was destroyed by locals, but that seems unlikely since the messages suggest the game removed my ship. Atlas owes me 2000 coins. 

The naming of beds might help, certainly if you've got a few in the area and it sounds like a good idea. 

I think I had a similar issue with your boat disappearing. I've had the died and try to respawn on ship but not work and have to restart game issue. However this weekend I had sailed off to another island in the same map sector to take out the pirates. I have WPE enabled, but will probably disable). Well, I decided I liked the new island so, I fast traveled from the bed on my ship to the bed on the island where my smaller ship was (I was on a brig and had a schooner). I picked up the giraffe I had (gawd they look silly on a schooner) and sailed back. As I neared where my ship was, I noticed it was missing and a wreck there. I looked around didn't see any SotD or Pirate ships. checked the logs and had the same message.  I know I was in deep enough water, no rocks near by, just poof. I too tried to recover my stuff from the ship and was able to get some things, but the resource box disappeared as well as other ship parts, I forget which. I was none to happy.

I went back to my schooner, sailed around to where I wanted the camp, parked. then went and spawned in another brig, put a bed on it sailed out into bay. swam back to temporary hut I had, fast traveled to the bed on ship, it sunk around me. 

The next test I'm going to try is spawning a new boat, and fast travel from land based bed to land based bed. if nothing happens to the ship, that'll be my fast travel method. 

OH, as for the locals? I'm assuming you have WPE enabled, I died in a fight with a WPE camp and respawned at another camp I beat after the game crashed. I'm loving this game /sarcasm - anyway, I ran back to where I was fighting and there was a Pirate Dreadnought (that's what it said - looked like a large size brig but with a dozen guns a side at least) cruising around near my ship. It didn't get interested in my ship until I go on it. I barely survived running away. So the ships don't aggro your ship unless you're on it and they don't aggro you while on land, unless you shoot it with a cannon. 

Geminia - I had SOTD attack my ship when I wasn't on it. I was, however, in the Diving Suit so maybe that's classed as being on your ship...