Sign in to follow this  
zottel

Top 5 things i like to Change

Those are my Personal Most hated things i'd like to See changed this year. 1. the disappearing ceiling bug - this one feels like death watching over your shoulder everytime you build something Big. 2.the ladder bug - Nothing more annoying than claiming high Level Crew And get stuck on a ladder while watching your crew get eaten by sharks while thinking if you should just Stay on the ladder to Dont Share the same Fate. 3. the anchoring - guess Most if Not all had this beautiful bug. You get close to an Island And back up your gally for 3000 hours just to notice that even tho your backplanks got destroyed by a Sandbank And there isnt even Space for a Karl lagerfeld Model between your ship And the Island,yet you cant anchor. 4. fast travelling -  guess this happens atleast once a day. You wanna do one Last thing before FT to imprint your tames or Doing a map And then you get 2 Million greenscreens before you are able to get to your destination while thinking that sailing there might have been faster in the First Place. 5. the Kraken -  while this might be something personal After Hosting it  twice a week for over 7 month now, there is Nothing More Time consuming than  waiting for some Trolls to finish their kraken just to Hope You summon the right kraken Without having half of ships beeing Stuck in the wall or locked out.

• Like 2

I like that list.

I would add that they remove (or make much smaller) the ship "disruption area" (at least in PvE), so that zip lines can be used around them to assist in the offloading of goods, etc. from our ships.

Would be a godsend when trying to get an overburdened pirate from the ship to the base quarters nearby, by not having to "slow walk" for what seems an eternity! 

Offloading ships is a pain as it is even with the encumbered perk.  Having some sort of crane or use the ballistas harpoons as zipline for Cargo racks would be cool. Or just beeing able to pull racks onto Land close to its destination. 

2 hours ago, zottel said:

Offloading ships is a pain as it is even with the encumbered perk.  Having some sort of crane or use the ballistas harpoons as zipline for Cargo racks would be cool. Or just beeing able to pull racks onto Land close to its destination. 

an offloading dock that can capture shipping crates would be awesome... automated shipping would be even better.

2 hours ago, zottel said:

Take a closer look at the cargo rack, it is a crane! shame it doesn't work.

Some sort of crane that can be placed on land would be awesome. you just drop the cargo of the ship and then you can grab it with a cargocrane and do some containerstacking.

10 hours ago, zottel said:

So a couple of bears all leveled in weight with carts doesn't work for offloading? Whistle them to follow, jump on the ship, go to ship box, sort by type, drop all, load onto bears, have them follow to storage/crafting ship box. Isn't that bad really.

8 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

an offloading dock that can capture shipping crates would be awesome... automated shipping would be even better.

What game do you think this is, Satisfactory? This is a fantasy pirate game! Right?! 

11 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

So a couple of bears all leveled in weight with carts doesn't work for offloading? Whistle them to follow, jump on the ship, go to ship box, sort by type, drop all, load onto bears, have them follow to storage/crafting ship box. Isn't that bad really.

What game do you think this is, Satisfactory? This is a fantasy pirate game! Right?! 

If you wanna do it that way, But carts Dont work on ships so you And how many bears should i take unload 150k Wood? And this Thread is about unloading ships, as we all know how to unload them.

• Like 1

I haven't really played around a lot this go around with hoarding shit tons of materials (because we've already had 2 wipes) but now that you mention that it reminds me that yes, the weight reduction won't work on a ship but that's why you put the ship box up on a platform right at the edge of the ship and then "popcorn" it out onto a loading deck or onto the ground. Filter by type, select the type, the hit "O" and it launches it off the ship to the bear. 

13 hours ago, Sydhart said:

I haven't really played around a lot this go around with hoarding shit tons of materials (because we've already had 2 wipes) but now that you mention that it reminds me that yes, the weight reduction won't work on a ship but that's why you put the ship box up on a platform right at the edge of the ship and then "popcorn" it out onto a loading deck or onto the ground. Filter by type, select the type, the hit "O" and it launches it off the ship to the bear. 

Yeah thats how its done right now, which  is Super annoying

18 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Never played satisfactory, but if it's a supermassive survival game that got rid of extremely time consuming and mundane shipping via automated shipping and routes, then they're doing it right... for a pirate fantasy game, this game has a distinct lack of piracy... unless you count decimating new players and chasing them to quit the game as fun and "pirate like"..

a constant supply of ships loaded full of things to rob would bring real piracy to the game. patrolling grids would be more common place other than mega's just lvling their ships. not sure how you would figure this would take away from the pirate fantasy aspects of game because in fact, it would greatly enhance it... and allow smaller companies to get access to the higher quality ship parts instead of being completely dominated by the largest groups.

also, with more of all the types of resources in circulation being more common place, a true economy would be more likely to arise. we would see more crafted items in trading outposts instead of just stacks of raw mats that are almost worthless because you can just sail a couple grids and get it yourself.  bp trading would be more common place and int spec crafters would be more coveted and renown.

Its a win-win-win-win-win with automated shipping routes.  20 birds with 1 stone. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

Cargo saddles should stay at 33% weight when ships are anchored would make life 999999999999999999% better that simple minute detail

• Like 1

Best ideas I've come up with as far as offloading:

1. A cargo crane that can transfer storage boxes from a special platform on the ship to a cargo cart
2. Being able to "team" horses to increase speed and carry weight (allowing for them to take an entire ship's cargo in one trip).
3. A cargo elevator (like the one from ARK).
4. A wheelbarrow that works as a "saddle" for NPC crew members
5. Having and actual "pier" object that is anchor point specific. Basically each island has a selection of piers that can be placed (maybe like 12 or so anchor points per island). This pier could host a lot of options that assist with unloading ships, including some of those listed above.

Edited by Dochollyhood
  • Like 3

Not to change the subject but why oh why can’t we claim abandoned ships? This is all 5 of my top five things I would like to see changed. We claim abandoned animals and mats, why not whole boats? Scoring an abandoned Gally would be like stealing a ship....oh wait, that might be too much like a pirate game...never mind. How about those bears, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1) Desync: Oh men, my tiger gets ported all over the place, first i need to pass the checks on my client, just to fail the same check on the server bc i am 10 meters desynced.
2) Calcutating spoilage in server stasis. JUST stupid.
3) Render distances, fuck performance, it is to smal when on ship.
4a) New SotD groups: Can they please not spawn in a line which is angled 90°, it is so boring to see and hard to judge were to sail trough.
4b) Maps on mountains spikes: With more players there isnt even space to build up to sometimes, or it is grieft on top with foundations. Just unlucky right?
5) All gates: They close/open when i dont want to, when i want them to, i dismount or whatever. I unlock my resource chest behind the gate rather then closing the gate ??

Last season it was; Bear fullstopped by a turtle. Now i just dont use bears that much anymore 🙂

44 minutes ago, Kummba said:

1) Desync: Oh men, my tiger gets ported all over the place, first i need to pass the checks on my client, just to fail the same check on the server bc i am 10 meters desynced.
2) Calcutating spoilage in server stasis. JUST stupid.
3) Render distances, fuck performance, it is to smal when on ship.
4a) New SotD groups: Can they please not spawn in a line which is angled 90°, it is so boring to see and hard to judge were to sail trough.
4b) Maps on mountains spikes: With more players there isnt even space to build up to sometimes, or it is grieft on top with foundations. Just unlucky right?
5) All gates: They close/open when i dont want to, when i want them to, i dismount or whatever. I unlock my resource chest behind the gate rather then closing the gate ??

Last season it was; Bear fullstopped by a turtle. Now i just dont use bears that much anymore 🙂

Yeah bears in Terrain suck XD even small rocks make you stop. Render distance on ships really is too small, i wouldnt mind it beeing atleast higher when in the Crows Nest.  Stasis is just stuipid And if you Dont Farm like 2 Million extra meat And the base is in stasis everything dies.