im desu

Unable to Join/Rejoin ATLAS (PC/Errors)

Spaghetti coding problem I think?

I'm guessing you logged out and are sleeping somewhere, instead of making sure you are dead before logging. If you can die, you should be able to change home region, and that may help.

If nobody can kill you, search the interwebs for info on how to change home region in your .ini, as there's an ip in your game files that you can change (backup just in case.)

I never heard of the need to die b4 logging off. Since I can access the game on one of my other computers can I just die and will that allow to to change my home region ?  
I thought any time you logged off and logged back in under join an online game that you could choose any home location. Regardless of what you choose you still will connect to your last position. 

6 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Long shot: It was reported awhile back that some customers on Comcast had connectivity issues due to their firewall service.  You guys happen to be using Comcast?

I am in Japan. We do not have Comcast here. That said, it worked fine with my ISP prior to this my original post being made.

5 hours ago, gumbyc said:

Yes we are using Comcast. Although I have 3 desktop computers in my office and 2 laptops.

In office :

1 using wifi, can connect to game

1 using Ethernet can connect

1 using Ethernet can not connect (time outs and can not query server)

2 laptops cannot connect to game

I also have 3 Atlas accounts. Tried different accounts on the one desktop I cant connect to with same results, connection error. Most if not all the time all 4 game modes dont show up and the grid map for connect to may have only a few show up to connect to or have to research because none show up. On the other computers that I can connect to the servers and grids show up.

Do you have seperate Steam accounts/Xbox gamertags for each copy of Atlas? I'm debating buying it on a new steam account just to play again. 

4 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Spaghetti coding problem I think?

I'm guessing you logged out and are sleeping somewhere, instead of making sure you are dead before logging. If you can die, you should be able to change home region, and that may help.

If nobody can kill you, search the interwebs for info on how to change home region in your .ini, as there's an ip in your game files that you can change (backup just in case.)

I had my company mate go to where I logged out, he scoured the entire island. I'm not still there, at least visibly. At this point after trying all the things I posted in my first reply on page 1, I'm highly positive that ATLAS and Steam have different versions of what my saved ID should be.  The only thing left for me at this time, is to wait for them to answer my ticket. 

:S

I do have 3 different accounts with steam and purchased Atlas for each one. 
in leu of quoting I’ll say you won’t find your body when you log out. It use to be visible but that was changed some time ago. 
good luck with the ticket. I’ve been waiting for mine a long time. I don’t believe grapeshot cares or is unable to know how to fix the issue. Don’t think anyone really knows what causes it and there could be more than one cause for it. 
right now my desktop is at Best Buy geek squad with gamers well experience in Atlas. I hope they can find a reason for my particular issue. Hopefully if found it may help others. 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, gumbyc said:

I do have 3 different accounts with steam and purchased Atlas for each one. 
in leu of quoting I’ll say you won’t find your body when you log out. It use to be visible but that was changed some time ago. 
good luck with the ticket. I’ve been waiting for mine a long time. I don’t believe grapeshot cares or is unable to know how to fix the issue. Don’t think anyone really knows what causes it and there could be more than one cause for it. 
right now my desktop is at Best Buy geek squad with gamers well experience in Atlas. I hope they can find a reason for my particular issue. Hopefully if found it may help others. 

Were they able to fix the problem for you? I have friends who are still unable to get online and I was hoping there was a fix for it. 

i cant join and public or unofficial servers . it freezes my computer . I can play single player but I cant accesss the online . why is your game still broken ? no wonder why you hsd it for 5 bucks on sale . I didn't think it was this bad but holy cow you guys really not gonna fix the game like come on man your damn servers are broken and they are freezing peoples computers ur unbelievable . waste of money 

It looks like we aren't going to get any help with this issue. The work around of selecting the exact grid you logged out in is fine (inconvenient but it works) until your game crashes in golden ruins. I would like to add that I can login to my account from other computers properly. Mine is the only one that won't let me log into the game. I don't know what sort of information I need to provide to get this issue looked at, but if there's anything that would help get this fixed, I'd be interested.

Still unable to log in, coming up close to the month mark...

Support ticket is not answered.

Put another ticket in.  I'm sure this company is like any other when it comes to support tickets.  Some just end up in a blackhole and age out to never be touched. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:18 AM, im desu said:

Still unable to log in, coming up close to the month mark...

Support ticket is not answered.

Support ticket ignored for a whole month? This is actually so sad... 

I was thinking of getting back in to Atlas but considering their "commitment" to solving problems, maybe not. :classic_unsure:

Continues to be an issue. Still not sure what else to try except wait for a server wipe. If they don't reply to my ticket, I may never get to play again.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, im desu said:

Continues to be an issue. Still not sure what else to try except wait for a server wipe. If they don't reply to my ticket, I may never get to play again.

just move on mate, there is a lot of decent titles out there its been clear long ago that they have no idea what they are doing