im desu

Unable to Join/Rejoin ATLAS (PC/Errors)

Server Build 401.13, PATCH 401.5 (Rev. Unknown) as shown on under main menu.

Since Wednesday November 13, 2019, I have been unable to play ATLAS...

Why?

I'm not sure. I played a normal day on ATLAS like usual, then got off for the night. Now, unable to log in the next day, I tried all the internet remedies I could find, but none were quite like my issue.

Errors...

I am getting both the popular errors back-to-back. Lost/Timed out ping, and Network Failure: Unable to query server yada yada.

So far I have 234 hours on The Gorgon's Gaze NA PvE, this is the one I wish to get back on. It let me create a new pathfinder ONCE on EU PvE The Whale's Solitude, and now gives me the same errors. I can load a fresh NA PvP The Kraken's Grasp, have done so twice just to test it. 

It seems to be an error loading my saved data for my pathfinder. Has anyone come across this? 

Halp 😞

Edited by im desu

Reinstalled the game 4 times.

Deleting local game profile and last grid coordinate.

Disabling Firewall.

Verified game files.

Restarted PC.

Restarted Steam.

Tried different join tiles.

Tried rebooting modem.

/release and /renew ipconfig in cmd prompt.

Set Client Network Bandwidth to Low.

Set Client Network Bandwidth to Epic.

Tried running low memory and with "No BattlEye."

Tried running "As Administrator."

Tried to join new atlas on [PvE][NA] while rejoin [PvP][NA] was still in the Rejoin Atlas option.

Reinstalled Steam.

Tried reinstalling Steam and ATLAS on SSD.

Cannot "log in" to old character.

Cannot create new character.

Edited by im desu

Today the game started to load as normal, nothing done differently. But the load progress disappeared, stalled for longer than usual, and still gave the same errors.

Unable to play. 😞

Edited by im desu

I'm having the same issue. I've put in a ticket last week but no response. not sure what to do about it 😞

2 hours ago, Jon817 said:

I'm having the same issue. I've put in a ticket last week but no response. not sure what to do about it 😞

Well if I do find a fix or if my ticket gets responded to, I'll be sure to let you know! As of the 18th(for me) the game still does not work.

3 hours ago, Redrick said:

Its old issue, still not fixed (got it twice this weekend).

May I ask how you fixed it?

I've been getting this for about a week now...the only way I can get is if I refresh the server tab and select the exact square I logged out in...If you logged out in D9 then refresh the map till you see D9. That's my work around till they get this fixed I hope that helps you some.

5 hours ago, Dread Beard said:

I've been getting this for about a week now...the only way I can get is if I refresh the server tab and select the exact square I logged out in...If you logged out in D9 then refresh the map till you see D9. That's my work around till they get this fixed I hope that helps you some.

Okay, thanks for the info! I am still unable to log in and not sure if I can log into D3's tile. Never showed up before.

I'm having the same issue. I've had 2 tickets in since Thursday. One was closed and I was told to go to bug reports. The other has not been answered. 

I would have to imagine it's something about the way my character is being saved. I can make new characters in random servers fine, but once I log out, I can't rejoin those servers.

9 hours ago, Najamal said:

This is old news.

None of the symptoms in the post you linked are what I'm encountering, did you read the post, or just the title?

1 hour ago, Redrick said:

Just wait about 10 min

I've waited 8 days. I think we have different issues. Thank you, though!

• Sad 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, im desu said:

None of the symptoms in the post you linked are what I'm encountering, did you read the post, or just the title?

I did read your post but you didn't read my post carefully.

Your problem is linked at least twice, you didn't read the links. 😊

What you have is a missmatch between your local "savegame ID" and the savegame ID that is stored on the server.

This happens mostly after updates, it's an ID syncro error between your client and the server.

There is a way to fix this by manually change the save ID in the files on your pc.

I stoped playing around with this kind of stuff a long time ago, so i have to relearn how to do this.

I'am at work right now, i have to wait till i'am at home to take a look at this.

Edited by Najamal

I will look at the post more thoroughly, thank you.

Still unable to log in on day 12. No response to ticket.

I had a similar problem back in months ago. Max ping  after sailing from one sector to an other one, max ping in every evening, disconnects, login problems. My advice is in the first step try to locate the connection problem to the gameserver with this easy to use, free program. It helped me to understand that my problem was a router or gateway between my pc and the gameserver. It was a german ip provider adress. 

https://www.ittsystems.com/traceroute-alternatives/#PingPlotter

My second advice is try a vpn service ( Tunnelbear for example, 500mb data is free it is enough to try to launch and play a little time with any game.). Mask your ip, your location with this program and choose a country from where you want to login. It worked perfectly for me. I subscribed one month with Tunnelbear because i had this connection problem more than a month. Then it suddenly disappeared. I hope this helps.

Sorry my crappy english, i hope you will understand the key words 😄

Still having the problem today after trying multiple times each day and doing random bogus fixes. Workarounds that include logging into the character will NOT work for me because I can NOT log into the character. It is on D3, non-Lawless, non-Freeport.

Support ticket is still collecting dust.

So far I've deduced what I think is the issue...

ATLAS deleted my save through some bug or update wipe. Steam still links my last pathfinder save to the game from their end and refreshing everytime I try to load the game. I cannot create a new character since I already have one. I can't trick the game into logging into my old tile because it's D3, not a freeport, not a lawless zone.

Support ticket is still not touched.

Same issue. Been going on for several weeks. Tried all the online tricks with no success. I like the idea of the saved game ID but have no idea how to check on it. Also haven’t tried the long into the same grid you logged off on. My problem is that the game modes and the grid selection don’t populate or just one or two if at all. Can sign into steam and start atlas, bug that’s it. I don’t understand how grapeshot can be silent on this and trouble tickets for the same. 

Does anyone have any experience with this connection problem and using a vpn as a solution. 
I haven’t tried this yet. Not sure if it would work or not. Since you have to pay for vpn service I’m hesitant to try one. I’m also not sure how difficult setting one up. I’ve watch some you tube vids on it but seems a little complicated. Help on this would be greatly appreciated. It’s too bad one has to resort to such service (if it works) to play atlas. 

Long shot: It was reported awhile back that some customers on Comcast had connectivity issues due to their firewall service.  You guys happen to be using Comcast?

Yes we are using Comcast. Although I have 3 desktop computers in my office and 2 laptops.

In office :

1 using wifi, can connect to game

1 using Ethernet can connect

1 using Ethernet can not connect (time outs and can not query server)

2 laptops cannot connect to game

I also have 3 Atlas accounts. Tried different accounts on the one desktop I cant connect to with same results, connection error. Most if not all the time all 4 game modes dont show up and the grid map for connect to may have only a few show up to connect to or have to research because none show up. On the other computers that I can connect to the servers and grids show up.