Captain Jack Shadow

Any chance you will fix the broken code? No? Color me surprised.

Yeah, tames still disappear off ships.  Tames that you literally lose sleep, to breed and imprint.  Then you spend weeks getting them leveled up.  Who knew the most dangerous thing to your tames wasn't combat with another company?  No, it's taking it to see on your own ship.  Yes, they disappear so you aren't even sure if it's on the ship.  And as you cross over several grids, you hope it's still there.  But alas, you arrive, and you are missing your best bear.  Gotta love the amazing code of this game.  Am I right?

Am I being sarcastic?  Sure.  The bugs of this game aren't minor.  They are major game breaking bugs, and we are halfway through the 2 year Early Access.  Content is added, but bug fixes?  Oh yeah, and now, I can't even craft in my inventory.  Tried everything, including resetting the game.  No crafting window in inventory, and no option on the left side, to bring it back.  Yeah...fun fun!  I crafted something, a storage box for the cart saddle, then ride the bear around.  Find an Alpha Rhino, fight it, kill it, and tried to craft a new box, but nope, no options to craft.  Go figure.

Must be a PC problem been playing since Xbox day 1 not lost a single tame at sea they do glitch out though if on the bottom deck due to the waves glitching into the ship 

Never put tames anywhere but on the top deck of your ship unless you want to lose them. They can glitch out from waves and in shallow water. Also make sure they are on passive. If you are swimming to your ship and get hit by a manta ray or shark they will also glitch off to attack and you may not even notice. 

Also make sure they aren't on the back of the boat. They need to be on the main deck towards the front. If you put them towards the rear, especially on ceilings, they will glitch out.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Yeah, tames still disappear off ships.  Tames that you literally lose sleep, to breed and imprint.  Then you spend weeks getting them leveled up.  Who knew the most dangerous thing to your tames wasn't combat with another company?  No, it's taking it to see on your own ship.  Yes, they disappear so you aren't even sure if it's on the ship.  And as you cross over several grids, you hope it's still there.  But alas, you arrive, and you are missing your best bear.  Gotta love the amazing code of this game.  Am I right?

Am I being sarcastic?  Sure.  The bugs of this game aren't minor.  They are major game breaking bugs, and we are halfway through the 2 year Early Access.  Content is added, but bug fixes?  Oh yeah, and now, I can't even craft in my inventory.  Tried everything, including resetting the game.  No crafting window in inventory, and no option on the left side, to bring it back.  Yeah...fun fun!  I crafted something, a storage box for the cart saddle, then ride the bear around.  Find an Alpha Rhino, fight it, kill it, and tried to craft a new box, but nope, no options to craft.  Go figure.

and that is the bugs, imagine when you have spent 700 hrs in a game and suddenly they introduce the decay system. 😂

I had one time i saw my bear float up in the air during a cyclone... damn near had a heart attack. Hit the zoneline fast and she came back.

Whew. Haven't had any tames disappear.. have had some crew fall off here and there though.

When tames start lagging behind the ship walk to where it was and punch. It forces an update and the tame reappears.  Its a synch issue between the client and server.  I do this regularly and have never once lost a tame at sea.  I've had a few attack sharks because I forgot to put them on passive, but thats on me and I whistled them back to the boat or hopped on them and rode them back. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

When tames start lagging behind the ship walk to where it was and punch. It forces an update and the tame reappears.  Its a synch issue between the client and server.  I do this regularly and have never once lost a tame at sea.  I've had a few attack sharks because I forgot to put them on passive, but thats on me and I whistled them back to the boat or hopped on them and rode them back. 

They should tighten up the code.  Sync issues are still a bug, and in this case, a game killing one.  To just have a tame you spent hundreds of hours on, to just disappear off your ship...that's a problem.  And when you are solo sailing through enemy territory, and SotD are around, and then a storm comes up...you don't always have time to go punch anything.  And where do you punch?  If the tame is off the ship, where to punch?  Oh, somebody has to search online for a work around?  Unacceptable.  I won't make apologies for that kind of problem.  It's bad enough that issues can arise when you cross boundaries, but this is a sailing game.  People shouldn't need to fear taking tames to sea.  The only fear should be getting sunk, and losing them that way.  It would be one thing if this happened rarely, but it happens every time you go to sea...desync every single time.  And now, we have a bug where suddenly your ship starts thinking it's a submarine.  And you get that stuttering that is so irritating.

They need to work on these bugs, not new content.  Allow for building mechanics that aren't fubar, fix the desync issues, etc...  People are getting tired of playing buggy games.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Tames that you literally lose sleep, to breed and imprint.  Then you spend weeks getting them leveled up.  .

The main reason I love playing on boosted servers

On 11/14/2019 at 9:32 AM, Sydhart said:

Never put tames anywhere but on the top deck of your ship unless you want to lose them. They can glitch out from waves and in shallow water. Also make sure they are on passive. If you are swimming to your ship and get hit by a manta ray or shark they will also glitch off to attack and you may not even notice. 

Also make sure they aren't on the back of the boat. They need to be on the main deck towards the front. If you put them towards the rear, especially on ceilings, they will glitch out.

True for the most part.  You are pointing out that the code has problems that need to be fixed.  These are just work around methods that do work sometimes...except that animals on the top deck, can and do, glitch below that deck, often getting caught inside a ship.  We have literally had to pull another ship next to a ship, so you can get the option to make the tame go to the other ship, because it wouldn't follow you off the ship, or come up to the upper deck.

And this is not limited to ships.  In our bases, you can at any time, walk in and find bears below the floor they should be on.  Sometimes you can just make them follow you and they will pop back up on the proper floor, but not always.

Something else I have been noticing lately, when salvaging sunk ships.  I keep glitching through walls and ceilings, or get blocked by walls that aren't there.  Again, something is really wrong with the code.

if your seeing your tames off the ship, if your close to the grid line cross over, and they will snap back, if your near an island go in and anchor and they will snap back it happens in ark too stil, with small tames on rafts. also I brought back 6 razor tooths stacked from the stern to the bow with some shield horns and our tames we brought with us, they glitched off the ship, but like I said soon as we cross or anchored they snapped back

Edited by Coldpaws

On 15 November 2019 at 1:18 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

They should tighten up the code.  Sync issues are still a bug, and in this case, a game killing one.  To just have a tame you spent hundreds of hours on, to just disappear off your ship...that's a problem.  And when you are solo sailing through enemy territory, and SotD are around, and then a storm comes up...you don't always have time to go punch anything.  And where do you punch?  If the tame is off the ship, where to punch?  Oh, somebody has to search online for a work around?  Unacceptable.  I won't make apologies for that kind of problem.  It's bad enough that issues can arise when you cross boundaries, but this is a sailing game.  People shouldn't need to fear taking tames to sea.  The only fear should be getting sunk, and losing them that way.  It would be one thing if this happened rarely, but it happens every time you go to sea...desync every single time.  And now, we have a bug where suddenly your ship starts thinking it's a submarine.  And you get that stuttering that is so irritating.

They need to work on these bugs, not new content.  Allow for building mechanics that aren't fubar, fix the desync issues, etc...  People are getting tired of playing buggy games.

What tame takes hundreds of hours???

On 11/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, Coldpaws said:

if your seeing your tames off the ship, if your close to the grid line cross over, and they will snap back, if your near an island go in and anchor and they will snap back it happens in ark too stil, with small tames on rafts. also I brought back 6 razor tooths stacked from the stern to the bow with some shield horns and our tames we brought with us, they glitched off the ship, but like I said soon as we cross or anchored they snapped back

I had 4 tames on the ship.  Two imprinted and leveled bears, plus two small pets.  All 4 disappeared...only 3 actually snapped back after crossing the grid.  Something has to be done about this.  Some people keep explaining work arounds, etc...but the bottom line is that this is a game breaking bug.

20 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

What tame takes hundreds of hours???

To fully breed, imprint, and then level?  You must not deal with many tames.  Every tame is not going to be used for maps.  Most things you do with a tame, does not earn it much XP.  When you are in a large company, and have hundreds of tames, they aren't going to get leveled overnight.