Sign in to follow this  
SeaThiever

Will my progress carry over to the final game?

Hmm, all most of our progress has been reset to zero 3 or 4 times now, with 100% loss of everything.. Do you know anything about when the final game ver will come? Do you have any facts on if and when more wipes will come? If we have more wipes, history would suggest you will lose everything and restart new.

They Promised no further wipes but i would expect One when the Game leaves early Access, which is scheduled end of 2020

8 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

Hmm, all most of our progress has been reset to zero 3 or 4 times now, with 100% loss of everything.. Do you know anything about when the final game ver will come? Do you have any facts on if and when more wipes will come? If we have more wipes, history would suggest you will lose everything and restart new.

idk when the final game will come, and idk if they will do more wipes. I hope not. i farm more than 400k metal until now.

8 hours ago, zottel said:

They Promised no further wipes but i would expect One when the Game leaves early Access, which is scheduled end of 2020

from which channel they make that promised? twitter? youtube? can you share it to us. why end of 2020?? id ont understand. the game from unreal engine. they can release it tomorow, its easy for them to update the game anytime. is there any ATLAS GM's in this forums?

"Our decision to wipe the Networks was not made lightly and involved much deliberation and factoring in of technical aspects and the impact on our current PC players. We have made big changes to the game under the hood, revamped the world map with the addition of over 70 new, unique island templates, as well as some considerable optimization changes and limits put in place which required a full data wipe.

After these sets of changes, we do not plan to wipe the network again, even with the introduction of additional platforms and new areas & islands further down our development timeline. We value and appreciate the time spent on the game and the only reason we carry out these wipes is after exhausting all possible alternatives and when they become a necessity."

You wanted to know where the statement was made. There it is.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

"Our decision to wipe the Networks was not made lightly and involved much deliberation and factoring in of technical aspects and the impact on our current PC players. We have made big changes to the game under the hood, revamped the world map with the addition of over 70 new, unique island templates, as well as some considerable optimization changes and limits put in place which required a full data wipe.

After these sets of changes, we do not plan to wipe the network again, even with the introduction of additional platforms and new areas & islands further down our development timeline. We value and appreciate the time spent on the game and the only reason we carry out these wipes is after exhausting all possible alternatives and when they become a necessity."

You wanted to know where the statement was made. There it is.

thanks alot

If they wipe they wipe.  They ended up making legacy servers for ark before completely phasing them out. Wouldn't be surprised if they do one last wipe before game launch. 

Nothing is a set in stone,  I.E. x2 weekends,  so a wipe may or may not happen by the time the game comes out of early access. 

The entire point of early access is to iron out any bugs, smooth out gameplay,  and make it ready for launch.

3 hours ago, SeaThiever said:

from which channel they make that promised? twitter? youtube? can you share it to us. why end of 2020?? id ont understand. the game from unreal engine. they can release it tomorow, its easy for them to update the game anytime. is there any ATLAS GM's in this forums?

Your posts and statements imply a limited level of knowledge and experience with Early Access games. It is typical for any open world pvp game which has a beta or EA period to wipe at official launch so as to provide a level playing field for all from that point forward. This would be especially true for any game where there is building and claiming of territory in a finite gaming world.

By purchasing the game in its Early Access state without appearing to fully understand what that entails, you may have invested time and energy into ingame endeavors without explicity realizing that the gane’s ongoing development means you are likely to lose what you have built up to that point.

For reasons not worth going into detail here, releasing the game as a finished product now would be ill advised to say the least, and the studio has publicly advised from the start that the EA period would be a minimum of 2 years.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:41 PM, SeaThiever said:

Will my progress carry over to the final game?

AHAHAHAHHAH . NO.

we have aready had 2 wipes and we even have a decay system that deletes your shit if you dont log in for 2 weeks, this game is like a condom, you use it once and you throw it away once you are done with it (unless you are discusting enough as to leave it on your bedroom floor for weeks before trashing it)

13 hours ago, Mrbarbecque said:

The entire point of early access is to iron out any bugs, smooth out gameplay,  and make it ready for launch.

or to do a cash grab and the spend 10 months coding the same game with the same bugs for xbox, early access is not what its supposed to be in the hands of people with no ethics

This is the final season, "this will be the final wipe" on global chat before the last one.

I'd say yeah you're probably good to play now... huge posts on how they don't plan to do it again.

I'd say a wipe seems maybe only slightly more likely than one on Arks official servers with launch of Genesis (i.e. very unlikely). Don't see what legacy ark has to do with atlas, especially considering 1 "server" of Atlas is 225 servers of ark. Each region of Atlas is like an Ark map. Logistically completely different.