Sign in to follow this  
BrokenFang_77

when is the Next update?

what's the development time on updates,   when is there going to be some type of DLC  there needs to be more Ships   I world like to see a barrage added to the game something I can build on are make a town out of it.   Need more Ship Building pieces added, like

Harpoon Guns that can pull in Flotsams and other smaller ships

Floodlight that I can mount to the Gun stand

More types of boat platforms  and modulated panels 

Split Door Hatch ceiling panels 

A way to Tow a boat behind your Ship

More Guns!

More types of Furniture

Skill tree Menus need new Graphics /layout 

Is there going to be trade routs ?

there needs to be some zones that are PvP in the PvE server

is there going to be Crew breeding?

is there going to Be trade routs 

but having said all this the game is Awesome

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BrokenFang_77 said:

what's the development time on updates,   when is there going to be some type of DLC  there needs to be more Ships   I world like to see a barrage added to the game something I can build on are make a town out of it.   Need more Ship Building pieces added, like

Harpoon Guns that can pull in Flotsams and other smaller ships

Floodlight that I can mount to the Gun stand

More types of boat platforms  and modulated panels 

Split Door Hatch ceiling panels 

A way to Tow a boat behind your Ship

More Guns!

More types of Furniture

Skill tree Menus need new Graphics /layout 

Is there going to be trade routs ?

is there going to be Crew breeding?

is there going to Be trade routs 

but having said all this the game is Awesome

Just ignore the roadmap

• Like 2

the roadmap is awesome  and i really like what your talking about,   but there is no menschen of time!   is that with in 1 year are 10 years?

More more more new stuff new stuff .

So i want a lot money i want live on the planet mars i want Tesla i want that that  i'm an snowflake !!!!!!!

OK here's what i want to see next update

1. Less new stuff more bug fixes 

2. better optimized graphics (i dont think i need Titan RTX to get 60 fps)

3. wild animals better balance (lions cant fly really) 

4. wild animals placed in right areas like elephant u get at tropical area and wolf living more colder area also bear, at moment all is like one big BS

5. fix spawning times, its not fun if i kill one lion and almost instantly its back with alpha friend 

I can put here in list a lot stuff more what really needed to be fixed or rebalanced before adding new new stuff and new annoying bugs

Edited by Hexaron

50 minutes ago, BrokenFang_77 said:

the roadmap is awesome  and i really like what your talking about,   but there is no menschen of time!   is that with in 1 year are 10 years?

It's pretty awful to be honest. The roadmap is from August with a list of bug fixes that they've bundled into "Phase 1". Those are things that should be fixed within a week or two. If you want a successful game then you have to aim to be ahead of the speed people are playing at. This game isn't that. The development cycle is ridiculously long and they have some serious issues with bringing anyone into their development team that has any idea of game optimisation. For what the game is it's damn slow and clunky.

I'd invest so much money and time into this game if it had a good development crew. ARK proved that they don't have that and it hasn't improved here.

Two phenomenal game ideas that just didn't get to where they needed to in order to attract the masses.

• Like 1

I play at a slow pace, so the content as it is will last me many months. The concept as you say is great, and the visuals are beautiful.

But I've lost all faith in the development team, i don't care about missed deadlines, issues they've not figured out yet, they say they listen to people, read the forums but without any indication that they do so, it leaves me feeling that any comment, suggestion, or bug report is just pissing into the wind.

When I find a map thats 1/2 behind a cliff and the AotD get stuck,

When I see the skin of a mountain ending 10ft above the sea and you can swim under and see the inside,

When i find a hole in the mesh you or your mount can fall through,

Do I report it? I used to, and I know it would help the game if I did, but I can't be arsed to talk to a dev team that refuse to talk back.

If something effects me directly I will still try ( see my latest bug report ), but it was closed within 2 hours without comment. No surprise there.

I now post on the forums to talk to you guys, the players, with little expectation that anyone at grapeshot will see it and no expectation of any communication from them.

• Like 1

If they add flying tames then this game would be pointless I hope they never do.

dont like sailing on a ship based PVP game then don't play a ship PVP game?

3 hours ago, BrokenFang_77 said:

Yes.

The reality is there is no mention of time because literally no one can tell you because no one knows. GrapeCard as a studio has been comically and absurdly bad at ever meeting any deadline or timeframe they set out. They could give you timeframes but they would be meaningless. Expect the next content update sometime between a month from now and the heat death of the universe.

the last timeframe response i saw was - spring for any new content and next fall / winter for any new ships.

remember the original dev team blew it big time with this gem. changing key personnel during alpha stages probably takes a lot of time to sort out and get  headed in a good direction.

im holding out hope for the new team leader. the former chuckleheads left them a big mess to clean up.

Ark was in early access a little over 2 years, so I’d imagine this game will follow suit - at least.

Going by the roadmap that’s been set out, it’s a pretty strong indicator that it’s their early access plan so we’re talking 1+ years. Once the phases are complete there will probably another polish before they start going for gold and full release of the game.

Using the roadmap, find which phase your point fits into and you’ll be able to work out how far away you’ll expect it to be addressed/worked on/added.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, BrokenFang_77 said:

No - no PvP Zones on PvE Server - if you like to play PvP then go on to a PvP Server.

• Like 3

darth i agree with you but, i also think one pvp zone in pve would be fun. a meeting place for friendly pvp.

edit* my unpopular opinion - get rid of the silly space kraken and make h8 a dead zone for pvp.

Edited by MOTIK
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, DarthAsterix said:

No - no PvP Zones on PvE Server - if you like to play PvP then go on to a PvP Server.

You realize, you aren't talking about ONE server right? There are literally TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE SERVERS in the Atlas grid. Why the @#$^ does it need to be all PVE? The X-BOX influx of players is starting to dwindle down and some grids are down to 2-5 people at peak now.

I played on a 5X5 grid private server in the 1st go around for a few months where the entire C1-C5  grids and the A3-E3 grids (it made a cross if you don't understand) were PVP and it was fun as hell. There was plenty of space for PvE and PvP alike. Seriously, there is enough space to add PvP into the current design. 

You could even have different rulesets such as only Golden Age zones are PvP. Only Freeports and the grids immediately surrounding are PvE. There's dozen's of different flavors you could do.

Edited by Sydhart