Sign in to follow this  
Captain Willy

Servers Crashing on Load

im certain i have port forwarded and set up a map correctly, but when i load a server i get a failed to parse crash, any ideas on how to fix that?

Have you set up and run your redis database? And do you have the ServerGrid.Serveronly.json file ion the ShooterGame folder?

Can you help point me to where I find info on this info?  I see the redis server but just by going through the directories.  Is there something somewhere that mentions everything that needs to be configured/setup for the atlas server to run?  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, DragonKing said:

Can you help point me to where I find info on this info?  I see the redis server but just by going through the directories.  Is there something somewhere that mentions everything that needs to be configured/setup for the atlas server to run?  Thanks!

For redis you need to start it and make sure your cluster is pointing to the right internal IP and port in the project settings in the Server Grid Editor. Ideally, don't run the one that comes with the server, set one up on its own machine/VM using the newest package from redis.io and configure it using their quick start. That decouples your resource usage between game nodes and the database.

so we actually got the server to stop crashing but the ping is skyrocketing for no reason and it times everyone out, and i run plenty of ark servers on this machine with no issues, anyone else having this problem?