Sign in to follow this  
Holmes108

Can't shoot Starboard from Lieutenant Podium

As the title says, with a boat fully manned with NPC's,  I can't shoot the cannons from the right side of my boat from the podium, only the left cannons. It's not an issue with the crew or cannons as it works fine from the steering wheel. I happen to be on Xbox, but I had a teammate who's on PC try and he had the same issue. Is there some sort of setting I could be missing, or should I report this in the bug section? 

Thanks. 

I can't get my npc's to open the gunports, i've been doing it manually. Does the podium have to be centered or anything?

Edited by Whitehawk

I wondered about positioning too, but mine is definitely center, or seems to be perfectly centered anyways.  My steering wheel is centered (and fully functional) and the podium is directly in front of it. 

Edited by Holmes108

Just checking that you didn't make a mistake. Which gun groups are "active" in your hotbar? It's pretty easy to accidentally disable one (like "left") and then not be able to tell why those cannons won't fire.

When I try and change the firing groups I'm able to activate and deactivate the left side but nothing happens on the right side at all. 

Edit: I've never messed with firing groups before (I just leave the default, everyone active I presume?). Testing the groups, when I select "left" I see the "left" button flash on screen everytime I hit it. When I select "right" nothing happens. It doesn't flash or light up or whatever. Interestingly this is also true on my steering wheel, although again, the actual shooting works just fine on the right.  Weird. 

Edited by Holmes108

5 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

When I try and change the firing groups I'm able to activate and deactivate the left side but nothing happens on the right side at all. 

Edit: I've never messed with firing groups before (I just leave the default, everyone active I presume?). Testing the groups, when I select "left" I see the "left" button flash on screen everytime I hit it. When I select "right" nothing happens. It doesn't flash or light up or whatever. Interestingly this is also true on my steering wheel, although again, the actual shooting works just fine on the right.  Weird. 

I have already made a post in the bug reports forum about this. while on the wheel/podium its not possible to use up and down on the dpad in its normal state to select groups or while holding down RB to activate a feat, which is in my case on RB+down. Makes the feat i unlocked unusable.