NHOG Psycho

Island owners and island spam

Okay I know this is a ongoing issue for tribes that own islands especially on PVE, we pay the gold and all that to get the islands but we have no real ability to deal with trap spamming, we allow people to build on our island and have 3-4 other companies on it, yet randoms come and make traps and leave them, I have lost too many tames to these traps, we have no way to get our tames out unless we wait bloody forever to demo it. Give tribes the ability to wipe structures on their set islands, currently right now after your latest *maintance* all I get is bloody lag lag lag, my ping used to run 30-40 now it's 75+, lagging into traps has become more common. 

the ability to wipe anything at anytime for landowners will never be  a thing on pve , due to griefing potential , people dont play pve to have  the risk of their work being demoed by a landowner that woke up in a bad mood one day ,

if u dont want players spamming traps why not as a landowner make a load at various areas for public use ? with signs at beaches to state they are unlocked and where they are ?

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

If u get new settler then u have a lot time to remove his shit! yes on PVE!  i removed  few beds today. When i found those beds was  16 hours left for landlord demolish so if u miss that time then grats you have annoying  building or bed there for longer time. Im not sure but i think 24 hours is the time when u can remove  unwanted buildings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UDO said:

the ability to wipe anything at anytime for landowners will never be  a thing on pve , due to griefing potential , people dont play pve to have  the risk of their work being demoed by a landowner that woke up in a bad mood one day ,

if u dont want players spamming traps why not as a landowner make a load at various areas for public use ? with signs at beaches to state they are unlocked and where they are ?

Grieving potential? I have never heard of a decent landowner demolishing established settlers. That just does not happen. What does happen is asshats that come to your island and place the foundation/bed combo and blow all chance of developing your base for real visitors. We have a butt boil of a company that bed spammed on our island all the discovery points. And they renew them every few days. They build them everywhere and the flag only reflects the spot where they land. Grieving potential?? It is already here. They have also bed spammed every island on our grid and all the neighboring grids. The two in charge went from level 45s to level 112s in only a few weeks. They have blocked off one whole beach, a mid-section and had we not stumbled on one of their hidden beds, it would have took another chunk out. They have been asked repeatedly to stop, remove the beds, but they have named them and no doubt rented them out as a Discovery Bonanza. It is an exploit and should be stopped. They are not real settlers, make no contribution to the flag, taxes, upkeep, nothing. Only destroy our plans in one day of not being able to find all their beds in time.

Edited by PoE
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PoE said:

Grieving potential? I have never heard of a decent landowner demolishing established settlers. That just does not happen. What does happen is asshats that come to your island and place the foundation/bed combo and blow all chance of developing your base for real visitors. We have a butt boil of a company that bed spammed on our island all the discovery points. And they renew them every few days. They build them everywhere and the flag only reflects the spot where they land. Grieving potential?? It is already here. They have also bed spammed every island on our grid and all the neighboring grids. The two in charge went from level 45s to level 112s in only a few weeks. They have blocked off one whole beach, a mid-section and had we not stumbled on one of their hidden beds, it would have took another chunk out. They have been asked repeatedly to stop, remove the beds, but they have named them and no doubt rented them out as a Discovery Bonanza. It is an exploit and should be stopped. They are not real settlers, make no contribution to the flag, taxes, upkeep, nothing. Only destroy our plans in one day of not being able to find all their beds in time.

then u havnt played long , im sorry but it will never be a thing in pve , u want ability to demolish other players structures , spam etc go pvp 

Maybe I only have 2,650 hours on ATLAS and 7,197 hours on ARK, but I can tell you one thing ... Never say never. One thing the devs don't like are folks using something to exploit the system. Beds are made for save points, not to bed hop and get DP. You are supposed to sail and discover. You know it and I know it. When enough people complain, they will nerf the beds to only go on your on boat or base. And if you don't like the rules the owners have, then go to Lawless. End of story. 

Edited by PoE
  • Like 2

To have played atlas for 2650 hours in eleven months is roughly 9 hours per day, and you still manage to play ark too? But anyway lawless is better because you do get bad landlords that will destroy buildings they don't like and I don't think we need an extension of these powers, Although they should do banning for spamming, even if it's temporary each time.

the whole island ownership was designed for companys to manage the island and keep it clean ,

if you have played as much as you say , then you would be able to at least once per day check around your island and clean anything you dont like , fast mount ostridge or horse you would cover the island in less than hour , easier/less time  if you are not playing as solo company as your company mates can help , 

the rules of ownership and demolish times don't need changing because island owners cannot be bothered to enforce or check daily for spam ,

7 hours ago, PoE said:

And if you don't like the rules the owners have, then go to Lawless. End of story. 

if you dont like the rules set by devs dont own an island , see what i did there , 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

Udo is right, every Isle we go to that has public pens, we use them. Trust me, no one wants to build a structure just to  tame, but if you dont have anything public, we will build it. As a land owner, cant you destroy within the first 24 hrs? Unless theres been a change, you should be able to remove stuff within the first 24 hours.

Also, Udo is correct again in land owners would abuse the demolish anytime feature. Without a doubt. 

Yeh i've experienced bad owners on 2 islands so I went lawless, tbh owning an island doesn't seem worth the trouble either, someone has to be able to patrol it daily to stop people spamming and stuff. too much hassle for me.

• Like 1

lol Ok, Raise your hand if you actually own an island. Do you think I would be here if any of that silly monitoring business actually worked? I really don't expect or need sympathy, but to be clear, we monitor our island twice a day. We immediately respond to any notification. The system works like this: You have a flag with 1 settler. You get a notification of someone becoming a settler despite notification, messages, and signs everywhere that no building of any kind is allowed until we finish construction. You go to the coordinates and destroy a DP bed. You check the flag and it says all clear. However, there is another 2 beds hidden in a crevice somewhere that neither the flag nor the notifications told you about, only found days later on another daily clean. We even found one literally above one of our base builds within range of our own foundation. How can this even happen? We have built free taming pens, we have been nice and helped with maps. The only problem we have is with folks that feel entitled to pollute our island and contribute nothing to the upkeep while making swiss cheese holes in our island and delaying construction for weeks from people that actually farm their butts off to support the upkeep and want to build their bases. Actually settlers. If the monitoring system actually worked, I would not be here ranting about randoms grieving and lazy bed spammers getting Discovery Points for them and all their friends, which you do not need to build to get to anywhere on our island.  

As for the raised eyebrows about my play hours, I make videos, this is both work and play. But thanks for asking.

EDIT: AT the end of the day, my opinion, nor yours matters. I will continue to fight the bed spam and you will continue to fight for it. I say that Lawless is for this kind of thing, not company-owned islands that do not want spam everywhere.

Edited by PoE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PoE said:

lol Ok, Raise your hand if you actually own an island. Do you think I would be here if any of that silly monitoring business actually worked?

The settler notifications are ridiculous.  Nobody can figure out what triggers one.  Someone harvested something?  Someone killed something?  It certainly isn't based on building something because you get the messages when they've not done that.  So it becomes a stupid treasure hunt every time you get a message to see if anything was built.  The best you can do is run around placing a thatch foundation to see if you get the "too close to an enemy" message and see if there's anything thing there.  (Hoping that message works because we know the proximity thing is a little buggy).  What a waste of time.  Before you can do anything gamelike in this game you've got a to-do list - check on crew check on tames, run around the entire island with a thatch foundation, jump on each boat to make sure they don't disappear.  (Because while unwanted beds are forever, boats docked in your own harbor are not).

The devs realized that unwanted spam on owned islands was a problem and offered a howitzer solution where the island owner could raze the entire island including all their own stuff.  That got walked back when everyone pointed out how ridiculous it was.  They could have just made the settler notifications sensible and given a longer demolish window..36 or 48 hours or so.  Only kiddies can play a game where is you don't log in every damn day all your stuff is ruined.

• Like 2

There is no real solution to satisfy both sides. But its not a stupid design, its more that there are 1-2 assholes there who like Spamming structures or demolish all they can find

I've been both a settler and an island owner, and I can say that the system is powerful enough and shouldn't be any more powerful.  I have had bad landlords that popped my bookcases and resource boxes to steal all my shit in the opening days after the last wipe, so I do know that trolling potential is totally there even on a PvE server.

HOWEVER, as a land-owner I do know the frustration that comes with people spamming DP beds in the most stupidest locations.  People won't take the time to place them on the top of a mountain someplace out of the way, they would rather hide them under a rock on the beach blocking potential new settlers.  What land-owners need is just a better way of FINDING those things.  Perhaps something like the Flag Aura when you hold 'H' but in a different color/diameter?  Then a land-owner can once a day glider around his island and see if there is any new aura's that stand out from the previous day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoopedUp said:

I've been both a settler and an island owner, and I can say that the system is powerful enough and shouldn't be any more powerful.  I have had bad landlords that popped my bookcases and resource boxes to steal all my shit in the opening days after the last wipe, so I do know that trolling potential is totally there even on a PvE server.

HOWEVER, as a land-owner I do know the frustration that comes with people spamming DP beds in the most stupidest locations.  People won't take the time to place them on the top of a mountain someplace out of the way, they would rather hide them under a rock on the beach blocking potential new settlers.  What land-owners need is just a better way of FINDING those things.  Perhaps something like the Flag Aura when you hold 'H' but in a different color/diameter?  Then a land-owner can once a day glider around his island and see if there is any new aura's that stand out from the previous day.

I just wish they would key the settler message for when someone actually builds something.  Then you have the location and can just go there and look.

• Like 3

As they are primarily pushing pvp in the games features, I often wonder if a lot of the things they do or don't do are there to increase intervals of conflict between players. 

• Like 1

These questions may be esoteric, but why would you bed-spam a Discovery Point and rob your own company of the fun of exploration? Why purchase a game that you are literally not going to play, but run thru like a boat drill? The end game may be thrilling.... but it is the little victories along the way that give pleasure and when you do make an achievement, you really earned it. When you cheat, you only cheat yourself. And this one is at the expense of other people. They can screw themselves out of the fun, but screwing me and mine out of it is not cool.

Edited by PoE
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, PoE said:

These questions may be esoteric, but why would you bed-spam a Discovery Point and rob your own company of the fun of exploration? Why purchase a game that you are literally not going to play, but run thru like a boat drill?

Different playstyles is all.  I agree with you and also enjoy randomly sailing around picking up and doing treasure maps as I wander from zone to zone, but some people don't want to explore and just want to min/max their characters in the fastest time possible.

The part I don't understand is why do the bed spam?  I mean I get that DP raises maximum level, but you get WAY more DP from collecting the power stones and hunting each of the whale types in a much shorter time-frame.  Island DP is necessary for the quest completion but seems like the slowest and least efficient way to raise your maximum level.  Before the last wipe I had maximum level of 96 mostly from powerstones and whales, then even with my maximum raised that much I was barely slugging through the XP at level 74 and MAYBE seeing a level ding 1-2 while spamming common treasure maps for a full afternoon.

Well, time ticks on and we again must spend all our online time rooting out the head lice that are lazy bed spammers. I removed one yesterday and had to log off right after. They came back and built another one ...... that one I missed because you know, you have to sleep and shop for groceries. 

The easiest way to solve this problem is to extend the time to find a well-hidden bed to a reasonable time, say 48 hours. I log in every day and if I even miss the deadline, then I am sure others do as well. We do not have the man-power to man our island 24/7. 

If you are a bed spammer, the LEAST you could do is ask if it is ok and where can you build your lazy ass bed? 

But how can we ask when you sleep or do groceries.
Beds will be gone after 2 weeks most likely, they are for discoveries, when everyone got it, they expire. Just wait it out if you missed them.
Also most bigger companies doing beds can be contacted via discord, we moved many beds when people asked.

Just now, Kummba said:

But how can we ask when you sleep or do groceries.
Beds will be gone after 2 weeks most likely, they are for discoveries, when everyone got it, they expire. Just wait it out if you missed them.
Also most bigger companies doing beds can be contacted via discord, we moved many beds when people asked.

Thing is you are from a big well known company, that I would suspect most know how to contact.

The vast majority of the bed spammers are from unknown companies that you have no idea where they are located, let alone how to contact them.

The game also has a turnover of players / companies so waiting it out is pointless as the next bed will be dropping soon enough.

I assume "companies doing beds" like yourself, won't be be having there beds despawn anytime soon.

• Like 1

Our beds are gone.
Many beds on our islands are gone, some still there, but alot are gone.

Problem is, having discoveries as progression, ask to change that, and noone will set discovery beds.

I feel like it should give you a settler message for each unconnected structure placed ~ also as said above please GS give us 48 hours to demolish instead of 24 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, PoE said:

lol Ok, Raise your hand if you actually own an island. Do you think I would be here if any of that silly monitoring business actually worked? I really don't expect or need sympathy, but to be clear, we monitor our island twice a day. We immediately respond to any notification. The system works like this: You have a flag with 1 settler. You get a notification of someone becoming a settler despite notification, messages, and signs everywhere that no building of any kind is allowed until we finish construction. You go to the coordinates and destroy a DP bed. You check the flag and it says all clear. However, there is another 2 beds hidden in a crevice somewhere that neither the flag nor the notifications told you about, only found days later on another daily clean. We even found one literally above one of our base builds within range of our own foundation. How can this even happen? We have built free taming pens, we have been nice and helped with maps. The only problem we have is with folks that feel entitled to pollute our island and contribute nothing to the upkeep while making swiss cheese holes in our island and delaying construction for weeks from people that actually farm their butts off to support the upkeep and want to build their bases. Actually settlers. If the monitoring system actually worked, I would not be here ranting about randoms grieving and lazy bed spammers getting Discovery Points for them and all their friends, which you do not need to build to get to anywhere on our island.  

As for the raised eyebrows about my play hours, I make videos, this is both work and play. But thanks for asking.

EDIT: AT the end of the day, my opinion, nor yours matters. I will continue to fight the bed spam and you will continue to fight for it. I say that Lawless is for this kind of thing, not company-owned islands that do not want spam everywhere.

Some Island owners are getting ahead of themselves . this will soon be a thing of the past anyway due to some of them being selfish and lack of helping others and lack of understanding and lack of being simply put nice people . 

Edited by CoolForce1
  • Like 1